Watch out in Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

The Indian Matchmaker

Once upon a time, in Colorado, the chief of an Indian tribe, I believe it was the Navajos, had a very beautiful daughter. And she was of marrying age. And many, many braves were wanting the daughter's hand in marriage.
Well, being a wise chief, he decided that he wanted his daughter to marry the bravest and strongest and wisest brave of the bunch. So he held a contest. All the eligible bachelors were to go hunting and the brave that brought back the biggest and best catch would be given the chief's daughter in marriage.

A lot of braves turned out for this event.

On Monday morning they all set out, bows and arrows in hand.
Well, on Tuesday afternoon, all the braves had brought their killings in - Except for three: Running Bear, Sitting Bull, and Falling Rock.
On Wednesday morning, Running Bear brought in a really big black bear, weighing 480 pounds and 7 foot in length.
The chief was quite impressed. This was the best killing of all so far. But, of course, they had to wait for the remaining two before he could award his daughter to Running Bear.
Well, on Wednesday night, Sitting Bull brought back a really, really big cougar, even bigger than the black bear that Running Bear had come home with. The cougar weighed 620 pounds and was 7 1/2 feet long. Clearly, Sitting Bull was about to win the chief's daughter's hand in marriage.

Excitement rose within the camp. Everyone was pretty sure that Falling Rock couldn't top Sitting Bull's catch! Thursday came and went ..... Friday came and went ..... Saturday came and went .....

The weeks turned into months and the months into years, and still Failing Rock did not return. It was obvious, the chief couldn't wait forever for Falling Rock to return.

So he granted his daughter to Sitting Bull and they lived happily ever after, and the tribe no longer waited for the wayward brave, but they did keep their eyes open when out on the trails.
And today you will still see in Colorado those signs that say,
D A N G E R !

"Watch for Falling Rock."

And the problem is, as soon as any of you spot one of those signs the first thing you will think about it, thanks to Ian you now know the true story behind the signs LOL

I'm sorry, but I have been trying to decipher these little codes you folks use. Like LOL for instance, I know as soon as you tell me it will be obvious, but I just can't figure out what it means.  ???

Also, is there anything in the library which summarizes these handy little codes?
I'm not totally stupid as I did figure out what IMHO means.

Thanks Tom, that's  just what I was looking for. I tried the library but didn't know where to look.
I actually thought of Laughing out Loud but sometimes it didn't sound exactly right when connected to the statement it was attached to.
This forum is so informative!  Thanks for all your hard work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom