Motors Pro's and Con's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickey G

How do you feel about the 6.8L Triton V10 ?
So far, I have been told to stay away from 6.0, and 6.4 diesels due to massive problems and the enduranse of these motors.
I know it's not a 7.2L like I want, but the truck is a 2008 with everything else I'm looking for option wise.
It has 166,577 miles on it.
Should I avoid this truck or should I look more intp this?

First, the 6.8l Triton V10 is a gas engine. The current Ford Diesel is a 6.7l V8, most people feel it is a good solid engine, probably the best of the Powerstroke line.

I would not "avoid" it, but a gas engine truck with 167k miles is well into its senior years. If decently cared for it should have another 50k left, but I would expect to be spending money on starter, alternator, and cooling system if those have not already been replaced. And maybe even if they have. Likewise for the transmission.

As gas engines go, the Ford v10 is a quite good one.

I have a 2010 F250 4X4 with the V10 that I used to pull my 31 ft fifth wheel and I love it good power and torque. The down side is the mileage is not that good 6 to 7 towing 10 not. But that is not why I bought the truck. That being said I would be apprehensive on buying one with that high of mileage unless it has good maintenance records. If no records I would stay away from it. Just my opinion. Just to add my truck has 105K and it has all the maintenance records since new and had 90% of repairs done at a Ford dealer.

I think I will have to pass on this one.
The truck is at a dealership, and there are no records of repair or accidents.
Thanks for setting me clear.
I refuse to buy another truck on impulse without asking you all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom