Finding info on potential RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhblack

Hello, Here is dumb question of the day. I have not found a way to locate info on the 2005 Four Winds 31P. I searched the Library ways to find data. Carfax only pulls up info on the chassis. Where do I look for the coach "VIN" or ID. Does this exist?

Are you looking for information on a particular 2005 31P, or the 2005 31P in general? I just Googled it and found several pages of information about them in general. Our motorhome has a data sticker on the wall to the left of the driver's seat. That sticker has a lot of information on it, including the Freightliner VIN and the Winnebago serial number of the coach.

Kev

You can check the manufacturer's website but it will only have a generic brochure.
Even if there is a vin it will not have too much specific data.

The 31P is in the Chateau line, I believe, a 31 foot Class C. It will be probably be on a Ford van chassis, likely an E450, and the VIN will show that. If the VIN starts with 1FM, it's a Ford.

The VIN is assigned to the chassis before the motorhome is built and reflects only chassis info. You can look it up on any of the Ford VIN decoder websites. Ford's official fleet VIN guide can be viewed at http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/vin-guides/

I'm told that Four Winds (a Thor Motorhomes brand) will provide an owner manual and whatever other info they have if you call and ask. The Thor Motorhomes website has some manuals and brochures as well.

Yes, was afraid of that. I have the Ford 450(e45) VIN number 2004 for a 2005 coach build. And , CarFax lists 16 chassis "events", just was hesitant about paying $40.00 for one report that was only going to show things unrelated to the motorhome itself.

The Carfax may show up some body related things, e.g. major collision insurance repairs. The VIN is still the commonly used identifier for the insurance industry, state DMV transactions, police reports, etc. Some new car dealers routinely report their service & repair transaction to Carfax as well.

An RV dealer or repair shop, however, seldom captures the VIN for routine repairs to appliances, roof & walls, or systems, and rarely reports those actions to Carfax anyway. Nor do the insurers who provide "extended warranties" or similar service plans

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom