Keeping a firearm in an RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy M said:
;D ;D No kidding. We have traveled many miles in your fair country and have never been in a position where we felt threatened. We have met a few individuals who indicated they felt they needed a gun to add to their swagger, indicated by the NRA and Smith and Wesson decals, but we tend to avoid them if possible. If you are that afraid of the big wide world you are probably better off staying in your walled castle and leaving the rest of us a safe distance from your paranoia.

No argument here! In 70 plus years of camping/RV'ing, I've never felt any need to carry a weapon for protection. I did carry bear spray a few times when camping and hiking though, when I was in areas where the big furry neighbors sometimes got a bit unruly... ;)

Roy M said:
;D ;D No kidding. We have traveled many miles in your fair country and have never been in a position where we felt threatened. We have met a few individuals who indicated they felt they needed a gun to add to their swagger, indicated by the NRA and Smith and Wesson decals, but we tend to avoid them if possible. If you are that afraid of the big wide world you are probably better off staying in your walled castle and leaving the rest of us a safe distance from your paranoia.
What he said.

I conceal carry everyday, and am licensed to do so. People who don't wish to carry, don't have to. I keep mine in my RV wherever I travel, and follow that states law. As far as never needing it, that's a big argument. I've never been in a major car accident, but I wear my seat belt. I have payed for life insurance for 35 years, and I'm still here. I do a lot of preventative things in my life. I pray everyday to never have to use a handgun, but I carry it because it's better to have it, and not need it, then to need it, and not have it.

I am a CCW holder and carry it my RV.  Only once in the last 7 years did I find myself in a truck stop in a compromising position and felt threatened.  There is entirely too many profiteers out there that wont take NO for an answer and keep harassing you for cash because their "car just ran out of gas." When two or three come around the pumps and start hounding me my hand goes into my pocket and they backed off.  I agree about the NRA.  At 7 years old I remember my dad taking to the local chapter every Saturday for firearm safety classes.  Now I don't know if those classes exist for minors.

Bagelboy said:
I conceal carry everyday, and am licensed to do so. People who don't wish to carry, don't have to. I keep mine in my RV wherever I travel, and follow that states law. As far as never needing it, that's a big argument. I've never been in a major car accident, but I wear my seat belt. I have payed for life insurance for 35 years, and I'm still here. I do a lot of preventative things in my life. I pray everyday to never have to use a handgun, but I carry it because it's better to have it, and not need it, then to need it, and not have it.

Searbelts and life insurance are not instruments of death and destruction. So that argument is not a good one. Almost anyone in the US has the "right" to own and carry a firearm. The sad part of the conversation is folks thinking they have to carry a weapon. There have been arguments about what the Second Amendment really means. What the writers of the Constitution really meant. We will never know. But you have to wonder, did they mean for folks to have the right to bear any arms the mind can imagine? I hope you never have to use your weapon either. I hope if you have kids or grandkids they don't get their hand on it and something tragic happens. I hope someone doesn't come to your door and you get scared (because you clearly are or you wouldn't have the weapon in the first place) and shoot them. I hope you aren't the type of person that gets in an argument with a neighbor and seethes just enough to go back to the neighbor with your weapon. I don't know you. I just know that the folks that I know that own weapons for protection are scared.

LarsMac said:
Funny. I remember when the NRA was a Firearms safety organization. Wish they'd go back to that.

fear became big money and the gun/ammo lobby see the NRA as their own PR outfit.  Cancelled membership back in 1980's over NRA's stand on cop killer ammo as I had 2 cops as uncles at the time.  And yes I own and travel with weapons according the legal requirements....

Folks, please avoid commentary which includes your opinion about others motivations, thoughts or emotions.

Sun2Retire said:
Folks, please avoid commentary which includes your opinion about others motivations, thoughts or emotions.

Why is it okay to engage in commentary that includes our opinions about others motivations, thoughts or emotions when it comes to batteries, tires, awnings, etc but not about something controversial likes guns and the Second Amendment.

And religion is for our salvation but how many more have died violent deaths in the name of that?  Shall we ban religion?  How many children have died because someone's religion tells them not to use lifesaving medical care because "God will heal them"?  Religion is an instrument of death and destruction.

Just like me painting religion with a broad brush, painting law-abiding gun owners with that same brush is just as unfair and shortsighted...

Oldgator73 said:
Searbelts and life insurance are not instruments of death and destruction. So that argument is not a good one. Almost anyone in the US has the "right" to own and carry a firearm. The sad part of the conversation is folks thinking they have to carry a weapon. There have been arguments about what the Second Amendment really means. What the writers of the Constitution really meant. We will never know. But you have to wonder, did they mean for folks to have the right to bear any arms the mind can imagine? I hope you never have to use your weapon either. I hope if you have kids or grandkids they don't get their hand on it and something tragic happens. I hope someone doesn't come to your door and you get scared (because you clearly are or you wouldn't have the weapon in the first place) and shoot them. I hope you aren't the type of person that gets in an argument with a neighbor and seethes just enough to go back to the neighbor with your weapon. I don't know you. I just know that the folks that I know that own weapons for protection are scared.

Personally, I think this thread started out on the wrong foot, the body tripped, and is still falling down the steps. maybe the mods will go ahead and lock this, and again, my opinion, just delete it. There's not a stitch of usefulness in any of it.

Oldgator73 said:
Why is it okay to engage in commentary that includes our opinions about others motivations, thoughts or emotions when it comes to batteries, tires, awnings, etc but not about something controversial likes guns and the Second Amendment.
Because SOME people see things THEIR WAY ONLY, and refuse to accept the fact others see things in a different light. Make your statement and be done. If you're NOT scared in this day and age, you are living in a fairy tale world. Don't want to carry, don't, but don't tell people WHY they shouldn't. Many more kids get killed every year riding their bikes, so why don't we take them away too?

kdbgoat said:
Personally, I think this thread started out on the wrong foot, the body tripped, and is still falling down the steps. maybe the mods will go ahead and lock this, and again, my opinion, just delete it. There's not a stitch of usefulness in any of it.
You don't want to read it? Don't, nobody forcing you to click on it.

Charlie 5320 said:
You don't want to read it? Don't, nobody forcing you to click on it.

See what I mean, people getting nasty about it.

Oldgator73 said:

Interesting. I've never seen a thread with multiple posts of conjecture about why someone else might be motivated to buy battery A over battery B.
It boils down to features, price and application.
Similarly, firearm threads are happy threads when contained to factual information regarding where you allowed to carry / conceal in a MH.
Everything else typically goes downhill fast.
No one is changing anyone's mind about these issues here and they are better served elsewhere in discussion groups specific to that topic.

Wow,
I served in this Country's for 20 years. Have owned and used guns for 50 plus years. Still do.
Most of those against us having guns will never change their views. That's fine. I won't change mine either.
I have never had to use a gun against a person, if I ever do, I will not hesitate to protect my family.
If anti gun people would just have a sign saying that, I promise to NOT protect you.
I wish we could all get along. I only wish for safety and peace.

I would like to point out that I meant the rest of New England. Not directly north of NY like Canada  ??? Also definitely do as you please! I avoid having a weapon because I don't like them personally, but definitely believe others should have them if they want them. Lots of my friends do. My hope is that anyone with one actually knows what to do with it in a time of need. I know I wouldn't. I also know I wouldn't want to point it at someone with bad intent, though I have never really been threatened. I have also heard this sentiment changes when you have kids. Idk.

To the OP I think the point is be who you are and don't let some ridiculous and ambiguous set of laws keep you out of certain states. If you don't want to support the state don't move their and pay their state taxes but don't let their views ruin your good time.

KODIAKHERSHEY said:
I wish we could all get along. I only wish for safety and peace.

And that's an excellent note on which to wrap up this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom