Replacement for RVP thermostat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

godefroi

I have a 2007 Pioneer 26BHS, in which there is an analog thermostat that runs the heat and AC, which is marked only "RVP". The little clips that hold the thermostat to the mounting plate on the wall have broken (whoever figured it'd be a good idea to put right in the path of the feet of whoever's climbing into the bunk needs a good talking-to).

I'm looking for a replacement, but I can't for the life of me find any information on it. Are these custom jobs that only work with the AC unit and furnace installed in the trailer (which have no obvious markings), or is there a standard thermostat that I can replace it with (6 wires)?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

godefroi said:
I have a 2007 Pioneer 26BHS, in which there is an analog thermostat that runs the heat and AC, which is marked only "RVP". The little clips that hold the thermostat to the mounting plate on the wall have broken (whoever figured it'd be a good idea to put right in the path of the feet of whoever's climbing into the bunk needs a good talking-to).

I'm looking for a replacement, but I can't for the life of me find any information on it. Are these custom jobs that only work with the AC unit and furnace installed in the trailer (which have no obvious markings), or is there a standard thermostat that I can replace it with (6 wires)?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

godefroi
Is this the thermostat you need? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RVP-7330G3351-Coleman-Mach-White-Manual-Wall-Thermostat-FREE-SHIPPING-/271732972409

RV Products (RVP) now sells thermostats under the RV Comfort brand and Coleman-Mach brand and they are designed to be compatible with Coleman-Mach brand a/c units from Airxcel. There are several models available and readily found on Amazon, ebay, and online RV suppliers as well as through local RV stores.

mel s said:
godefroi
Is this the thermostat you need? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RVP-7330G3351-Coleman-Mach-White-Manual-Wall-Thermostat-FREE-SHIPPING-/271732972409

That's not the one that I have, but it may be compatible.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
RV Products (RVP) now sells thermostats under the RV Comfort brand and Coleman-Mach brand and they are designed to be compatible with Coleman-Mach brand a/c units from Airxcel. There are several models available and readily found on Amazon, ebay, and online RV suppliers as well as through local RV stores.

Is the only way to know if I have an Airxcel to get on top of the trailer and pull the cover from the unit?

The brand name you are looking for would be Coleman Mach or RV Comfort, not AirExcel.  You may find a part number on the thermostat by popping the cover and finding it stamped on the inside or removing it from the wall and find it stamped on the back.

There's a part number on the PCB in the thermostat (A-1 Components, Corp. Ri043E), but a Google search didn't find anything. I can't find anything else on the thermostat itself. Maybe I better get my ladder and pop the cover.

Your roof a/c unit doesn't have a brand name on the side? Many do. Or do you have an owner manual for the a/c? That would give make & model too.

Airxcel is the corporate name; the brand name on the a/c units is usually Coleman  or Mach or some combination of those. The fact that you have an RV Comfort thermostat strongly suggests the a/c is a Coleman-Mach brand, but it's not a guarantee. RVP, i.e. RV Products, is the RV HVAC division of Airxcel and 'RV Comfort' is one of their brands..

godefroi said:
There's a part number on the PCB in the thermostat (A-1 Components, Corp. Ri043E), but a Google search didn't find anything. I can't find anything else on the thermostat itself. Maybe I better get my ladder and pop the cover.

godefroi
On my roof A/C unit the A/C information. (make, model and serial number), is on a label up in the bottom of the unit itself....It can be seen from below, (inside the coach), after the ceiling panel is removed.

You can replace an RV thermostat with a household one, but it may lack fan speed control or other features of the RV a/c unit. Hard to say without knowing what you have.

Or you can buy a replacement RVP digital thermostat as I mentioned previously. RVP has several available - see https://www.airxcel.com/coleman-mach/products/accessories/thermostats
They can usually be found on Ebay, Amazon, or various online RV parts suppliers. This ebay search will find them:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/coleman-thermostat

How many wires from the existing thermostat to the a/c unit and furnace?

Back
Top Bottom