EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Generator quits at 1/4 tank?  (Read 870 times)

taoshum

• ---
Re: Generator quits at 1/4 tank?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 12:30:18 AM »
Well, I didn't say it was a "good" solution... ;)

LOL, sorta joking about putting a tee in the main fuel line... might work though?  For me fuel cost the same on the top of the tank as the bottom so I fill 'er up way before it gets to 1/4 tank.  I need to stop anyway, take a break and walk around a bit.  If you forget that the genny is running and run outa diesel, you are in deep trouble on so many levels it would be crazy... oh well.
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
Re: Generator quits at 1/4 tank?
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 08:07:01 AM »
LOL, sorta joking about putting a tee in the main fuel line... might work though?  For me fuel cost the same on the top of the tank as the bottom so I fill 'er up way before it gets to 1/4 tank.  I need to stop anyway, take a break and walk around a bit.  If you forget that the genny is running and run outa diesel, you are in deep trouble on so many levels it would be crazy... oh well.

Yes, the tee would work with the right conditions, but it's not something I would recommend. We have run our fuel level down low enough that the generator quit around the 1/4 mark while underway a couple of times, but it was while we were in the process of selecting a refueling stop, so it was not a problem to go without it for the short time involved.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Hosted by Over The Network