Looking for 2017 Ford Super Duty Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveblonde

hi i have a 2017 F350 which currently does not charge the trailer batteries when hooked up. I called the stealaship and they are not too helpful. Suggestions please - my Chev was an extra wire not hooked up from factory on my 1500 but all my HDs charged from the factory, is there a relay? A wire?
Ty
Steve

Do you have power in the back connection when running the engine? This is where I would start.

And failing that ^^^^^  Check your owner's manual for fuse locations and numbers.  There should be a fuse in one of the fust panels that feeds that pin in the trailer plug on your truck.  Make sure it's there and not blown.

RVRAC said:
Do you have power in the back connection when running the engine? This is where I would start.

Yes there is power lights, right , left, stop,

There is a reverse lights? However how do i turn that into a battery charge?

Manual is useless

Maybe this link will help.  Pretty knowledgeable folks on that forum.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f152/7-pin-aux-power-515617/

When I had a FW, the charge was made automatically once I plug the FW cable on the truck connection. This in both trucks I had. I never had to do anything except for plug in it.  So, I assume something went wrong in the FW connection.

RVRAC may have a point, as smart as these trucks are today!

If not, the Ford Owners site has a place to ask questions of Ford engineers.  Also, there are some good Ford Truck specific forums.  Certainly they know!

Not sure if the new ones are the same but, I had a F-350 that came with a relay in the glovebox that you had to install into the power distribution box under the hood the get the trailer battery connection to power up. Hope this helps.

Pete

there is no relay and no it doesnt automatically charge (tried that) and beleive it or not there is NO FORD FORUM HELP FOR CANADA only the USA and everywhere else in the world

Here's the owner's manual. The fuse box part starts on page 310:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2017-Super-Duty-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_06_2016.pdf

Apparently, there are relays involved in this system too. I'll keep looking when I get time.

Just found this:

https://ford.oemdtc.com/2482/trailer-charging-system-operation-2017-ford-f-super-duty

Maybe that will help.

For how much it cost a F350 2017, it should be ready for this. Don't you think so?  Never experienced this with Chevy or RAM.  Another reason to stay away from Ford. Confession, I am a Chevy guy.  Although my Class C is on a Ford, no choice.

UPDATE

turns out the 7 pin in the box and the bumper are only live with the truck running so there is NO power when turned off unlike my chevys that were always live

lol

Back
Top Bottom