smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Likely -- I'm in Denver, and it's smokey. The weather patterns seem to be swooping in across the northwest where the fires are, going across Montana, where there are more fires, then coming south past Denver (it's more of an arc, actually). In that path are Yellowstone and the Tetons. Someone a day or two ago said it was still smokey there, enough you couldn't see very far.

Based on past experience, I suspect there'll be smoke across much of the west a large part of the time until the fires are out (or until there is a MAJOR change in the weather pattern), so it may be November or later.

We're 3 hours south of Yellowstone in WY. We drove up to Jackson Hole (2 hours south of Yellowstone) a few days ago, and it was smoky all the way.

How does the song go.  (paraphrased)

We have fire
We have rain
We have sunny days some think will never end (they are wrong)
We have lonley times when you need a friend
But I sure hope I get to see you again.

(More like a total rewrite)>

Thanks i was leaving Monday for Yellowstone but my wife cant stand smoke  i will have to do something else. Wonted to leaf watch. We never been up in that part of the country.

Check out this government website for smoke maps.  https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=topics.smoke_wildfires  Personally, I think this map is overly optimistic for Oregon, as right now I am in Ashland, which is east of Medford in the southern area, but slightly west of the center of the border between Oregon and California.  It is better than it was, but still registers in the "Moderate" category and the air is definitely hazy.  This is an improvement from "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" category. On the other hand, I do have asthma but it has not bothered me, probably because I have mostly been staying indoors.

I typed in South Dakota into the search box at the top and it showed good and moderate conditions in South and North Dakota.  Yellowstone has no data.  You also need to consider the conditions along your route.  And the problem is that while conditions in some states are getting better, you cannot predict wind and new fires popping up. 

Back
Top Bottom