EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Slide  (Read 329 times)

Renate

Slide
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:20:30 PM »
Our slide on our ClassA Motorhome is making a bumping sound when it comes in and goes out, it also jumps with each bump. It does this at least every 4-6 inches like a gear is missing a tooth. Any thought?  Thank you

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
Re: Slide
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
Assuming you have a rack and pinion slide that is quite possible. You may be able to inspect it from underneath when the slide is out.

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)
2006 Jeep Wrangler

JudyJB

• ---
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »
You may also be able to inspect it from inside, depending on how it is constructed.  My front slide, for example, sits on a raised platform that is partially carpeted.  There are hidden screws in the front of the carpeting.  If you can find them by feeling with your fingers, you can remove the front part of the platform.  Also, the kitchen kick-plate is removable and you can look under there as well. 

I learned this by taking it into the factory to have the slides inspected and lubricated.  Over the previous year several things had rolled under the slide area and I wanted to make sure none were causing problems.  I watched mechanics take all the panels off and use a flashlight to inspect.  Also got back a ratchet head and some toys.
Full-timing for over five years in a
2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31N

Bravesoul

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
On my Fleetwood Revolution LE under each slide I can view the motor/gears inside my cargo hold.  Check to see if yours is similar.
Joe and Lisa Barrow, Gadget and Gizmo (4 legged)
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40E
Toad- 2011 CanAm Spyder or 2005 Chrysler Crossfire

KandT

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 07:58:54 PM »
Our slide on our ClassA Motorhome is making a bumping sound when it comes in and goes out, it also jumps with each bump. It does this at least every 4-6 inches like a gear is missing a tooth. Any thought?  Thank you

Sounds like a gear is missing a tooth.
2005 Winnebago Vectra
American Car Dolly
2009 Accord Toad
It's not a problem.  It's a project!

JudyJB

• ---
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:50:51 PM »
You also might have something that slid underneath the slide and gets run over each time the slide goes in and out.  In any case, you really need to inspect inside and outside.
Full-timing for over five years in a
2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31N

Hosted by Over The Network