The Neighborhood is Getting Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Memtb

Heard a siren a couple of days ago!  :(  Sound around here carries pretty far, I was working out in the yard and the north wind brought me the sound of some type of emergency vehicle. Guess it's time to move farther out!  ;D

Which might be fine until you need an ambulance. We hear them on the highway 1/2 mile away but after living on  the main route between the freeway and large hospital we easily tune them out.

We hear sirens quite a bit only because we have volunteer fire departments. I can't live too far from Home Depot and Lowe's. When doing a project it usually takes me at least three trips to one or both stores.

When we lived in Metro SoCal, we heard sirens 24/7. Sleep (?), no problem.

When we moved to Rural CenCal.. we couldn't sleep ! No sirens.

Now, after 30+ years.. if we hear even One.. hard to get back to sleep.

Whadya guna do ??  ;) ;D

When I lived in Detroit I was 2 blocks off Telegraph Rd, Formerly US-24, now M-24 so I heard Semi's bouncing down the road all the time or nearly all the time.

IN addition I lived on the only WIDE non primary (Telegraph is a primary) road.. Wide enough for two cars to pass each other in opposite directions with cars parked on both curbs (most of the city the roads are not that wide) so I was the on the primary FIre/Police/EMS route since people on the multi-lane 24 hear a siren they stop dead completly blocking the road so Fire/Police/EMS take my street.

Could be why the noise when I visit Las Vegas and stay at Main Street's RV lot does not bother me.

Under a freeway (elevated) exit... next to EMS.

Back
Top Bottom