89 Fleetwood bounder vin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haloelias

I can't find the vin that is on the to of this 89 bounder I want to buy the mvd in New Mexico says they will need it when registering it.i was just curious if anyone could help me by letting me know where it might be I don't see the placard anyway for the finished RV not just the chassis vin. I don't even know why they need it right now i wouldn't be a out of state purchase.so I should be able to use the vin from the old owners title he either proved it or didn't have to.ty

The VIN is for the chassis, not for the "finished RV" (house) portion. I don't know where it is on your rig, but I've had at least one motorhome where I found it on a label on the wall near the driver's seat.

As Larry says, there is only one VIN and it comes on the chassis. It was assigned when the chassis was built and does not change when the motorhome body is added.  There should be a VIN plate visible through the windshield on the driver side, and there will also be a copy stamped at least one place on the chassis itself. Probably a placard on an interior wall (maybe in a cabinet) as well.

They will want to verify that the VIN in the paperwork matches the actual vehicle, to be sure you aren't using a substitute title for a stolen vehicle. You can send them the VIN you have on the old title, but at some point it will need to be visually verified on the actual vehicle.

Fortunately your vehicle was probably built after 1/1/1989 and conforms to the current 17 digit VIN standard. Prior model years sometimes had non-standard formats and locations.

Yeah I saw that the sticker on the driver compartment wall is gone someone took it off.their isnt one near my windshield either,and I have searched all the cabinets I  have a serial number and a fin in the cabinets but not the vin.i also haven't been able to locate one on the chassis,at least not in common areas where the vin usually is,but I'm not a normal RV buyer so I thought maybe it might be located in a different spot then I have been looking ...exactly I don't need to buy a stolen vehicle so I was just seeing if I was just missing something somewhere.yeah I checked all these areas for the vin,and I'm sure the chassis has one I just haven't been able to find it anywhere.sorry for the confusion all the info I've found on the vehicle say there is usually two vin's one incomplete for the chassis that was bought from another company.then when finished they put the finished VIN for the real product on somewhere else.i was just curious about that ty both for your help and answers.

If you have the FIN, Fleetwood will have the chassis VIN associated with it. If their records go back that far, that is. The FIN is the Fleetwood serial number, so what is that serial that you found?

I thought that by 1989 a metal plate was required on the top left side of the dash, in a position where someone looking through the windshield from the outside could see it. Not always easily visible from the inside, though. The concept is that a LEO could verify a VIN from the outside.

Is it a gas chassis, Ford F53 or Chevrolet P30/p32?  If so, there should be information available as to the secondary VIN locations, literally stamped into the metal of the chassis. A Ford or Chevrolet dealer should be able to find it if the info is not on the internet somewhere.

I've found on the vehicle say there is usually two vin's one incomplete for the chassis that was bought from another company.then when finished they put the finished VIN for the real product on somewhere else.

Perhaps a misunderstanding. By law there is only one VIN, assigned by the chassis builder when the chassis is built.  However, when the body is put on, the VIN plate/placard are added in the legally required location(s). The VIN number on that placard, however, is the same as the original assigned to the chassis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom