Winnebago View Electrical Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kjack

I have a 2015 Winneebago View 24G.  I have lost all power to the coach except when he engine is running.  That is the only time the Coach Battery Disconnect Switch will work. 
I have new batteries and they do test good, but no power is getting to the coach and the disconnect switch does not light up (not functional)  HELP!!!

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Worked before new batteries installed.  Does not work after. The disconnect switch and must be connected to 12 volt power to operate. I suspect something was not properly connected with the new battery installation. The house side is getting power from the engine alternator when the engine is running, but not getting power from the house batteries at all. If there is nothing obviously not connected in the house battery compartment, it may take a technician and/or comparing pictures of the battery connections on another coach of your model to determine what is not properly connected. I always take pictures and sometimes also draw a diagram of how the batteries are connected before I take anything loose.

afchap

Thanks for the reply.  I did take pictures before and after the batteries were changed; they are the same.
My problems started last month with a factory electrical recall and service.  Nav system would require an engine shut down and restart to start working properly and the coach disconnect switch was  very dim.  Now no light on the switch at all.  All these problems were before the batteries were replaced.

afchap,
You were 100% correct.  I took the pictures of the battery installation, but the I did not see.  Once the ground to the master disconnect was established, everything seems fine.  My humble pie has been consumed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom