EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: RV Inspector  (Read 297 times)

Mickey G

• ---
RV Inspector
« on: September 10, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
Is hiring an RV Inspector worth the money, which by the way, isn't cheap, or should I just take my time and do it myself, along with a friend or two that know RV's?
I hired an inspector for my boat I had, and I could have done the same thing myself and more.

Stephen S.

• ---
  • Marshmallows and Irish Cream. Mmmm.
Re: RV Inspector
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
I'd say check it out yourself first. You can spot obvious problems. Then if you are getting serious about one RV, decide if the price is high enough that you want to hire an inspector for it.
Stephen S.
===============
'99 Winnebago Chalet
2002 VW Beetle
2007 Yamaha TW200
Home town: Mableton, GA

grashley

• ---
  • Western KY for now.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:00:35 PM »
X2  There is no special talent required other than lots of patience and common sense.  Make sure to check out the PDI check lists in the library.  It is a button in the menu in the banner.
Preacher Gordon, DW Debbie
09 Grand Junction 35 TMS  Andersen Ultimate hitch
2013 F350 Lariat LB SRW Supercab diesel 4X4
Nimrod Series 70 popup (sold)
It's not a dumb question if you do not know the answer.

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »
An experienced RVer should be able to inspect the major components of most RVs well enough to determine if there are any glaring problems, but there are RVs and there are RVs. A 17 foot travel trailer, for example, has a lot fewer potential problems than a 45 foot diesel pusher. Perhaps I should assume it's a TT or 5th wheel, since your question is posted here, but you didn't mention the type of RV, or your friend's level of experience, so I'd be hesitant to suggest that they'd be able to perform a thorough inspection.

Kev
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:36:52 AM by Kevin Means »
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
I'd say check it out yourself first. You can spot obvious problems. Then if you are getting serious about one RV, decide if the price is high enough that you want to hire an inspector for it.

I agree.  Then whether to hire an RV inspector depends on your, or friends experience and knowledge base.  For those who do not have the expertise, a qualified RV tech can be worth their weight in gold and save you serious cash and aggravation in the long run. 
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

Bobtop46

• ---
    • Work Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:48 PM »
Take your friends and checklists that can be found in the library and do it yourself.
2007 Coachman Aurora 36FWS
2006 Mini Cooper S

Hosted by Over The Network