RV Inspector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickey G

Is hiring an RV Inspector worth the money, which by the way, isn't cheap, or should I just take my time and do it myself, along with a friend or two that know RV's?
I hired an inspector for my boat I had, and I could have done the same thing myself and more.

I'd say check it out yourself first. You can spot obvious problems. Then if you are getting serious about one RV, decide if the price is high enough that you want to hire an inspector for it.

X2  There is no special talent required other than lots of patience and common sense.  Make sure to check out the PDI check lists in the library.  It is a button in the menu in the banner.

An experienced RVer should be able to inspect the major components of most RVs well enough to determine if there are any glaring problems, but there are RVs and there are RVs. A 17 foot travel trailer, for example, has a lot fewer potential problems than a 45 foot diesel pusher. Perhaps I should assume it's a TT or 5th wheel, since your question is posted here, but you didn't mention the type of RV, or your friend's level of experience, so I'd be hesitant to suggest that they'd be able to perform a thorough inspection.

Kev

Stephen S. said:
I'd say check it out yourself first. You can spot obvious problems. Then if you are getting serious about one RV, decide if the price is high enough that you want to hire an inspector for it.

I agree.  Then whether to hire an RV inspector depends on your, or friends experience and knowledge base.  For those who do not have the expertise, a qualified RV tech can be worth their weight in gold and save you serious cash and aggravation in the long run. 

Back
Top Bottom