Applying ZEP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I had a guy come by today to give me a quote on buffing my entire RV. Then I'm going to apply the Zep. I've found 2 types of ZEP and I'm not sure which one to use. These are the one's:

https://www.officesupply.com/cleaning-breakroom/cleaning-janitorial-supplies/cleaners-disinfectants/floor-carpet-cleaners/look-floor-polish/p393143.html?ref=pla&cid=ad-pla-non-brand&adpos=1o2&creative=82620384393&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CMjP5r2GgMoCFdgXgQodW4MA0w

or this:  http://www.amazon.com/ZPEZUHTFF128-Commercial-Traffic-Floor-Finish/dp/B00PUYIR7O/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1451357477&sr=1-3&keywords=zep+high+traffic+floor+finish

Also, I'm having issues with a white powdery substance coming off the rubber roof when ever it rains. Is there anything available to stop this or do I just need to keep washing it?

I read that some people use Mop and Glow. Is that right. If it is, do I wash it first then apply the mop and glow?

Sounds good but it is a little bit more expensive. Just a few $$$.

Another question I have, what will happen if you put it on windows?

Rene T said:
Sounds good but it is a little bit more expensive. Just a few $$$.

Another question I have, what will happen if you put it on windows?

I think you have the cost of those two products reversed in your mind. 
The wet look is the cheaper.

What will happen if you put it on windows?  You will be very sorry, that's what will happen.

here's the 2 types:

https://www.amazon.com/Zep-Commercial-1044898-Polish-Bottle/dp/B0057PFLMA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1505093974&sr=8-16&keywords=zep

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XYVRZI/ref=asc_df_B007XYVRZI5163565/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B007XYVRZI&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198101474074&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4974274746906834372&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002479&hvtargid=pla-348713850380

The wet look is a $8.00 more.  I'll look more online. 

Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime, but when I click on those links, the "Wet Look" comes up a few dollars cheaper.  ($23.72 v/s $25.11)  I'm not sure if shipping charges from the other vendors is responsible for the difference or not..  If you were near me, I would give you a gallon.

Some years ago when ZEP decided to quit selling the wet look to Lowe's (under a separate brand) I got two five gallon containers (each marked $68) for $4.99 each.  I still have about seven gallons.

Just Lou said:
Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime, but when I click on those links, the "Wet Look" comes up a few dollars cheaper.  ($23.72 v/s $25.11)  I'm not sure if shipping charges from the other vendors is responsible for the difference or not..  If you were near me, I would give you a gallon.

Some years ago when ZEP decided to quit selling the wet look to Lowe's (under a separate brand) I got two five gallon containers (each marked $68) for $4.99 each.  I still have about seven gallons.

Thanks Lou. I'll go with the wet look.
And I'll stay away from the windows.

Used ZEP floor wax on my 5'r.  Loved the results on the front.  Bug guts come off much easier, often with a good rain, 95% are gone.  Side walls and rear I noticed it shaded the white and in the AZ sun last winter the wax started to flake on the decals.  Stripping the wax off the decals I notice where I stripped the wax off the Gel coat, it was shades whiter than the rest of the side wall.  If your rig's graphics are painted that shouldn't be a problem. Also, watch for runs, as they turn yellow.

Don't know why it flaked on my decals but I didn't want to just put more wax on and make it worse.  I did this about a year ago and applied three coats allowing ample drying time.  I reapplied ZEP to the nose this spring.  Weather/rain driving down the road will wear it off quicker. 

Wi1dBi11

Wi1dBill said:
Used ZEP floor wax on my 5'r.  Loved the results on the front.  Bug guts come off much easier, often with a good rain, 95% are gone.  Side walls and rear I noticed it shaded the white and in the AZ sun last winter the wax started to flake on the decals.  Stripping the wax off the decals I notice where I stripped the wax off the Gel coat, it was shades whiter than the rest of the side wall.  If your rig's graphics are painted that shouldn't be a problem. Also, watch for runs, as they turn yellow.

Don't know why it flaked on my decals but I didn't want to just put more wax on and make it worse.  I did this about a year ago and applied three coats allowing ample drying time.  I reapplied ZEP to the nose this spring.  Weather/rain driving down the road will wear it off quicker. 

Wi1dBi11

Bill, I saw a UTube video where a guy had a flaking problem in a couple of areas but he figured it was because of a paste wax was not completely removed prior to installing Zep.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom