Slide out power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darter1585

I'm on the road in a 2004 Coachmen Freelander. When we stopped today the slide wouldn't operate. Acts like no power to the switch, I.e. No red light.  I've checked  fuses.  Where else should I look.

Are you sure your slides do not have a separate fuse not part of the regular fuse box?

I had same problem with one slide, and it took mechanics three hours to find the fuse for the slides and one minute to replace the fuse.  They had to crawl under my motorhome and remove a wall panel to find it.  It was hidden underneath my bed in an area where my converter and rear furnace are located.  That area, which consists of about a third of my under-bed area, is enclosed in a plywood box.  I had no idea that the slides even HAD a separate fuse.  At least next time, I can direct someone to the location for a lot less labor cost!!

I don't suggest you tear out wall panels, but you might want to call Coachman in the morning and ask about a possible second fuse area. 

ON my RV the slide out gets power from a circuit breaker but the switches via a fuse. and a relay (ignition interlock, my RV is a class A) and on the MAIN slide.. the controller is not working nor can we find it (anyone know where damon put them on a 2005 Intruder) so I'm building my own (Plans already on hand.  Will do it next month. short on cash this month due to other repairs) this has been on EXPENSIVE summer due to assorted repairs I've been putting off and putting off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom