9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Memtb said:
  Let us not forget those that perished on 9/11/2001. Our prayers to the families of those lost on that terrible day!
Amen to that. DW and I were just saying that 9/11 changed everything permanently. I'm sure the changes for the families who lost loved ones are even more devastating. Praying for them.

Sadly some of the changes did not last. On 9-12 we were ONE COUNTRY, Black, White, Mexican, Oriental, Native, did not matter we were ONE country hand in hand and side by side.

Then our president, lied to us to justify invading Iraq which of course had nothing to do with the attack and our Current President sold weapons to the attackers.

John From Detroit said:
Sadly some of the changes did not last. On 9-12 we were ONE COUNTRY, Black, White, Mexican, Oriental, Native, did not matter we were ONE country hand in hand and side by side.

Then our president, lied to us to justify invading Iraq which of course had nothing to do with the attack and our Current President sold weapons to the attackers.

It would be wonderful John if you just could have stayed away from your politics and used it as a day for remembering.  Every house on our street had a flag either up on a pole or in a window within a few days after 9/11.  Today, mine is the only one on the block.

Bill

We were traveling through Omaha, NE yesterday and made a point to visit the SAC & Aerospace museum where We attended a luncheon and memorial program for the victims of 9-11.

Tom

I remember, vividly, the morning of 9/11/2001. I was a student at the University of Florida and we were fulltimers in a 5th wheel. For some reason I skipped classes that morning. I was having coffee and watching the news when a live image of the attack came up on the screen. All of a sudden a plane appeared and struck the second tower. I was fixated on the screen for sometime then I called to my wife to get up and see what was happening. Not too long after that we got a phone call from a friend's son that was also a student at UF (these folks we stationed in Japan with us, he was Navy and I was AF. They moved to Florida after retirement). Their son told me he and his roommate were a bit scared and could they come to our place. They stayed the day and we tried to calm their nerves as much as possible. That day changed many lives for many folks. I don't think anybody has not been affected by the attack. Our son joined the AF in 1999 and ended up in Iraq. He now suffers from PTSD. Many men and women that volunteered for military service either paid the ultimate sacrifice or came home either physically and/or psychologically injured. So let us not politicize this tragedy. Let us remember and honor all the victims both civilian and military, the victims in the towers and their families, the first responders and their families and the military and their families.

History Chanel is running a very interesting 3 part documentary      "The Road to 9/11" .

Well worth watching before anyone starts throwing blame on a president.

http://www.history.com/shows/road-to-911

John From Detroit said:

Why do the moderators here allow crap like this to be posted?

SeilerBird said:
Why do the moderators here allow crap like this to be posted?

Well, sometimes they let my crap slip through. But to be fair I don't think they sit at their computers waiting for our posts.

Oldgator73 said:
Well, sometimes they let my crap slip through. But to be fair I don't think they sit at their computers waiting for our posts.
No they don't but there are a bunch of them and someone should catch it. I usually put in a complaint to the moderators but they always ignore my complaint.

Memtb said:
    While I didn't particularly like the post... we don't need the PC Police either! Ignore is very effective!

Yes we do. That's one of the reasons this is the best forum.
The rules state "Political and religious rants can lead to some ugly discussions and arguments, even among otherwise polite and friendly people. Over the years, RV Forum members have expressed a desire to avoid these kinds of discussions in our forum, preferring to maintain harmony. So, please post your political and religious views elsewhere such as one of the many alternative venues that cater to such discussions.

Rene T said:
Yes we do. That's one of the reasons this is the best forum.
The rules state "Political and religious rants can lead to some ugly discussions and arguments, even among otherwise polite and friendly people. Over the years, RV Forum members have expressed a desire to avoid these kinds of discussions in our forum, preferring to maintain harmony. So, please post your political and religious views elsewhere such as one of the many alternative venues that cater to such discussions.

I have been sucked into some of these conversations. When it comes to religion and politics I am kind of like a fat man dancing; once he gets started it's hard to get him stopped. In the future I will try my best to refrain from taking the bait. Maybe I should only post while sober.

I missed this one, but fortunately our members didn't allow it to go further downhill (thanks).

Bill, that is what I said, We were ONE COUNTRY.

Sadly it did not last..  But for a time we were ONE COUNTRY, hand in hand, side by side.  I just wish we could have kept that feeling.

John From Detroit said:
Bill, that is what I said, We were ONE COUNTRY.

Sadly it did not last..  But for a time we were ONE COUNTRY, hand in hand, side by side.  I just wish we could have kept that feeling.

But then you turned it political John in your second paragraph.

Back
Top Bottom