not charging continue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

as most of you know I replace my house battery,  the other day I check the battery with a battery checker and it said I had 12.11 volts on the battery, well today I had to replace my battery disconnect switch, when I enter the coach I heard a beeping coming from the xantra 1000 and it was displaying a error code E2 which mean low voltage, so I plug the coach into shore power and also turn on the generator and it kept on beeping and still showing the same error code, so i guess what i need to know is what keep the battery charging, how do i know if the inverter or converter is working correctly?

Not sure what you are using for a "battery checker", but since it was reading 12.11V, I assume it shows the voltage at the batteries. 

When you connect to shore power, OR running your generator, the voltage at the batteries should be reading at least 13.4 volts.  That voltage is coming from your charging source.  That could be a converter, or the Xantrex inverter if it has a charger built in.  The voltage could be as high as 14.6V if you have a 3 stage charging source. 

If you don't have at least 13.4V with shore or generator power you need to determine what is your charging device and find out why it is not working. 

I am assuming your AC power devices, air conditioner--microwave, etc are working when you are on shore and/or generator power.

other then checking the battery with a load, that all I can do , I do not know were my converter or inverter is located ,my owner manual is generic it not that much help.

I called thor today and inquire about my battery issue , according to the tech he said I should have at a min 12.75 volt on my battery, so check my battery and it was at 11.7 , so I charge my battery for about 2.5 hours at 10 amp, recheck my lights and other items and they still did not come on , actually when I was charging my battery I got it up too 13.4 volts but when I disconnect the charger it drop  and when I unplug my motorhome from shore power it drop even more to the current 12.5 volts I am going to plug it up to shore power overnight and check it in the morning.

the thor tech also told me I had a converter and a inverter, I guess I need to get someone to check my converter and make sure it is working or charging my battery

You do have the disconnect switch turned on, don't you? Battery may not charge with the battery disconnected. It won't power anything with it off either.

If your voltage went up to 13.4, your converter is working. You will have to charge your battery for a lot more than 2 1/2 hours to get it fully charged. When you read the 13.4 volts, you were reading the converter's output. When you disconnected, what you were reading was the actual battery voltage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom