How to seal a roof after washing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
In the next couple of days, I'm going to wash my roof with a mixture of Dawn and bleach. The roof is very chalky right now. I'm wondering is there anything I can put on the rubber roof after washing to prevent chalking?  Something that may last a year or so.

I had to wash my roof a couple times a year when I had my Challenger to keep the chalking down. Don't think there's anything you can put on it to stop it. My Dolphin has a fiberglass roof and I'm fighting the same problem. Don't think the PO of my coach ever waxed it. I've been working on it off and on all summer. Think I may try  Zep on my roof, but I don't think you can use that on a rubber roof.

Rene T said:
In the next couple of days, I'm going to wash my roof with a mixture of Dawn and bleach. The roof is very chalky right now. I'm wondering is there anything I can put on the rubber roof after washing to prevent chalking?  Something that may last a year or so.
You might find a Dicor product that will work. They even have products for fiberglass roof's now.
https://dicorproducts.com/product-category/roof-products/
Bill

Assuming it's an EPDM rubber roof, most any "wax" type product will work for awhile, but I doubt if any will last a year. Maybe 3-4 months.  A household floor wax works - gives some protection without making the roof dangerously slippery. Harder wax products last longer but may be dangerous to walk on when needed. So-call Rubber roof sealers aren't any better than a floor wax, but it does help the economy by increasing the amount of $$ in circulation.

If its a fiberglass rood, re-paining iot the solution and the Dicor fiberlgass roof paint is one good choice. A marine deck paint would work well too, as would an automotive type apray paint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom