When is the best time to sell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarsMac said:
I would think early Spring, when folks are beginning to think about getting out and seeing the world.

I agree but I would put it up for sale now. You'll never know if a buyer is driving past it right now looking for a good RV.  For a buyer, the best time to buy is in the fall or winter. 

It partly depends on what part of the country you live in.  If you live in the part where it snows, then I would say spring, if not it is less of an issue.

It always made sense to sell in the spring during the local RV shows that get people thinking, but my experiences are the opposite.  Every RV I have ever sold privately was over winter.  Perhaps there just aren't many out there over the winter so you stand out like a beacon, but it has worked for me and at marketable prices.  My last sale, the couple flew out from Georgia into a Denver blizzard and I couldn't even get the rig out of the garage.  sold.

I would say right now due to the fact that two hurricanes have smashed half the southern states in the last while. There must be a lot of people in need of a temporary home. Never hurts to list it. If you get what you want, all is well. If not, wait till spring.

muskoka guy said:
I would say right now due to the fact that two hurricanes have smashed half the southern states in the last while. There must be a lot of people in need of a temporary home. Never hurts to list it. If you get what you want, all is well. If not, wait till spring.

x2

We sold our trailer yesterday for the same thing we would have asked in the spring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom