Hurricane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks.  I hope the same for all the others.
All ok here in NE Florida.  We only had tropical storm force winds, in the big scheme of things not bad at all.  Lost power for approx 20 hours.
Had the RV in the driveway, and used the generator for a few hours to keep the fridges in the house cool, microwave, and charge a few things...oh and to let son get his x-box fix for a bit.  Didn't even end up using the other features for hot shower or the rest of it.  It was just a rolling generator.  Had the power stayed off longer I figure I would have retired to it for TV, hot showers, cooking, and such....
A lot of flooding in my area though.  Those folks have it much worse.

I survived in central Florida. Not much wind, 10 inches of rain. Not a lot of damage in the area. Things are getting back to normal. I still have to go to McDonald's to use Wifi but at least I have water now.

I've been waiting for a report from you. Glad to hear you're OK. I saw you posting, so I had assumed you were ok. I see Gary posting too, so I assume he and Nancy are ok too.

Thanks goat. The hurricane really didn't come close to us. The eye was over 100 miles away so it didn't have a chance to do much  damage. The weather forecasters really blew the forecast. They underestimated Harvey by a wide margin so they went the other direction on Irma. The early reports kept claiming Irma was going to turn north at Miami as a 5 and march up the center of the state and would be only a 4 by the time it got here. That is just stupid, it will never happen that way. If it enters Miami as a 5 it will be a one in about a hundred miles.

SeilerBird said:
Thanks goat. The hurricane really didn't come close to us. The eye was over 100 miles away so it didn't have a chance to do much  damage. The weather forecasters really blew the forecast. They underestimated Harvey by a wide margin so they went the other direction on Irma. The early reports kept claiming Irma was going to turn north at Miami as a 5 and march up the center of the state and would be only a 4 by the time it got here. That is just stupid, it will never happen that way. If it enters Miami as a 5 it will be a one in about a hundred miles.

Tom, have you heard from Will and Jane?

Hello, all.  We survived here in Oak Run in Ocala.  Just had a tree blow down in the back yard.  It will not be missed, it was leaning quite a bit.  Didn't hit the house.  Had about 11.5 inches of rain.

We are in Milledgeville, Ga. Had gusts to 50mph with no problems here except power loss and the area had a bunch of trees down. I saw one old oak tree that must have been a 150 years old down in town. Our house in Homestead and the shop didn't get damaged but we do have 8 trees down at the house. The kids homes also all fared well. I think when I get home I can stand 4 of the trees back up.

We are in Calhoun GA and were at the Northwest edge of the weather. Light rain and no significant wind. Our home rv park in Ft Myers FL  suffered considerable loss of trees, several trailers were "flattened" and some of the park models damaged, particularly the sun rooms. This park has a policy that trailers, including fivers must be tied down during huricane season. It apparently paid off.

They still have no electricity, except generators,  but the sewer system and water are back up and running.

Ernie

SeilerBird said:
No I haven't but he built his house by himself and it is built like a brick poop house. If Irma hit it directly it would still be standing.

My brick Poop House and I are still standing! Proud of my poop house too. almost  5K ft of #5 rebar and if I remember right, close to 18 yrds of concrete pumped down the walls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom