Ghostery - stop the tracking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
There are three or four old threads about Ghostery but I just discovered the browser add-in (or extension) that uses a database to block tracking code snippets found in most websites. It is configurable so you can be very aggressive to not so aggressive.  The advantage other than remaining fairly incognito is a web page will load faster since calls to the trackers you choose are blocked.

My personal web page has one snippet of Google Analytics code which simply provides a report of number of visitors, page views, etc. It's more for amusement than anything else since I'm not selling anything but businesses pay close attention to the stats. One forum I visited last night had 14 trackers blocked, that was amazing.  Our very own rvforum.net has zero trackers  :)) .

Privacy Badger is another (Firefox and Opera, at least) add-on that blocks tracking, and even lets you have some control over that, cookie wise.

Looks like I'm a bit behind the times  :eek: . Now if only we can get AdBlock, etc. for Android Chrome or FF. Google announced some time ago they were going to allow (or provide) ad block for Chrome but I'm still waiting.

Hi John:
If you open Firefox and go to Tools, Addons,  AdBlock Plus is right there.  Just clock on it an install it.

In Chrome, just go to the AppStore and search for Add Block.  A full list of available apps are there including Add Block Plus.

Gord

I have had ad-blockers for some timer but I just installed Ghostery on my Chromebook.

Not sure, Either T-Mobile re-set my bandwidth counter or pages sure loaded faster.

Though one page was somewhat messed up (I will tame it later)

I'll take another look to see if I can find an adblocker for Android FF/Chrome.

Not sure, Either T-Mobile re-set my bandwidth counter or pages sure loaded faster.
I'm fairly certain your performance improvement is due to blocking all of the calls to different URLs. Between AdBlock (which I've used for years) and Ghostery my browsing is now turbocharged  8) .

Back
Top Bottom