1999 Bounder A/C dash unit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anshood

Cannot get a/c compressor on dash to come on.
Checked every fuse on motorhome all good
Bypassed pressure cut out switch
Put 12 volts on compressor clutch,it kicks in
Replaced main control on dash $$$$$
100# pressure on low side with compressor not running and has gas in it.
Can't check hi side, no gauge.
Anyone know of any other switches or lock outs on system
It was working last year.
Everything else works fan, vents, defrost etc.
Any info would help before carrying to shop.

Suggest when you jumper hi-lo pressure switch, you check for continuity. Had one with a bad pressure switch AND a bad connector once. Drove me nuts before I figured it out. 

Purchased new controller today and before I installed it I traced some more wires after checking everything again. Did find another fuse behind plate in front of passenger seat. It was good and while in this place I found 2 wires that appeared rat chewed into. Like to have never found where they connect but found clip up close to top of evaporator box. The rat had chewed them off even with black clip and I could not see them at first. Fixed these and compressor came on. Brought gas up to normal and pipe was cool but not real cold so I am taking it to a shop of a friend of mine and get freon and pressures verified. May have a partially plugged dryer. Thanks for your input. I have put out rat traps, sonic rat repellents, steel wool in every entrance point and believe no more rats. Didn't realize rats or mice were such a problem going to fire my cat, not doing his job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom