Used Camper Purchase with Mice in A/C Ductwork!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c214592

We are currently looking at a used 2009 Rockwood Ultra Lite model 8319SS. This camper was stored inside a shop for 2 years unused.  We did a thorough inspection and everything checked out perfect and overall condition was pristine.  Our last item to test was the A/C.  When we turned the fan on we noticed a small amount of while Styrofoam balls dropped out of the vents above.  I inspected them and a few a had a yellow tinge with a slight odor to them.  A couple mouse droppings came out as well.  The seller said they will have the problem inspected and taken care of.  My question is do I need to be worried of permanent damage to the anything from the mice?  Do i need to be concerned about a permanent smell?  I plan to be present when the RV shop does the inspection but overall I don't want to make a big purchase and walk into large issues due to this mouse issue. Any feedback would be appreciated!

We built a pole barn to put our toy hauler in, and right off the bat mice got inside. I hate mice!! Anyway, did several things to do to get rid of them, but they are an unavoidablep nuisance most likely unrelated to the dealer. Did I mention I hate mice? ?

We live in a rural area, and we had a mouse problem with our previous motorhome. We never saw them, but we had all the telltale signs, and we could smell that mouse-poop odor every time we stepped inside. After getting rid of them and thoroughly cleaning everything, we never smelled the odor again.

Kev

If it were me, I would test the AC on a really hot day.  If there was no odor on that day, there is probably no mouse residue left.  At least that is my theory!

I would also want to know what they plan to do to "take care of the problem."  I hope it involves serious cleaning and inspecting of ducts, not just spraying some deodorant. 

The plan to take care of the problem is the seller is taking the unit into the service center to have the ducts inspected.  I have talked to the service center and they said I can come and look through the ducts to see if there is any damage.  Outside of that I'm still concerned of any wiring damage that may have occured over the last 2 years of sitting vacant.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom