Leveling Jacks - 2004 Thor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConductorX

We were stopped over night at a camp ground in Fort Meyers.  The front of the camper felt low on the left side.  I never used leveling jacks before so I read the instructions and name plates.

I put the levers in position to extend and the light was on the front left side indicating that side was low.  I shifted the lever to lower the jacks and I heard them extending.  Suddenly I got this loud alarm and red light on the dash.  It was deafening.  I immediately stopped and shifted the levers back to the retract position and then shut the system down.  I turned off the key and went outside to check the problem.  It appeared that all jacks were retracted.  When I turned the key back on the light was off and the alarm stopped.

What did I do wrong?  Surely a camper with only 25K in mileage would not have a broken jack system already.

Thanks,
"CX"

Hi CX. The red lights and alarm are your "Jacks Down" alarm. They're supposed to do that anytime the jacks aren't fully retracted while the ignition key is on (In the Run position.) It's a safety feature to warn you that your jacks aren't fully retracted, so you don't drive off with them down and damage something. It's normal for the alarm to sound, and for those red lights to be on while you're putting the jacks down. Once they're down, turn the key off and it'll be quiet again.

Kev

With the deafening alarm I can't hear if the things are extending or tell what is going on.  I guess I need to try them again.

"CX"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom