2017 Road Trip with the Powells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrypowellnc

This is a report on our 2017 annual road trip.  We decided to revisit Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore for this year?s trip.  It was 3 years ago that we visited these and we were eager to go back.  We were joined at Mt. Rushmore by our friends from Victoria BC.  After overnights in Argillite KY, Mt. Vernon IL, St. Joseph MO, N. Platte NE and Rawlins WY we arrived in Jackson Hole WY for 2 nights.  We spent a day touring and shopping before heading to Yellowstone.  Word of caution:  if your mapping app or GPS takes you from Jackson Hole to West Yellowstone on Rts. 22 and 20 don?t do it unless you like steep upgrades and downgrades with 20 mph curves.  Go through the south entrance to Yellowstone Park through the park to the west entrance and into the town of West Yellowstone.  Anyway, we made it OK and stayed at Grizzly RV Park.  What a nice park, friendly and helpful staff and the cleanest RV park we?ve ever seen.  Not just clean but Disneyland clean.  Instead of driving Yellowstone like we did 3 years ago we decided to take bus tours, one day tour for northern loop and one day tour for the southern loop.  Since I didn?t have to drive I got to site see.  While at the RV park I heard wolves howling in the morning.  When I asked about it at the RV park office I was told the howls came from the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center, about 3 blocks from the RV park.  What a wonderful place.  My wife and I spent a day there.  If you are ever in Yellowstone this is a must see especially if you have kids.  From Yellowstone we overnighted in Garryowen MT on our way to Mt. Rushmore.  We met our friends from Canada and on Monday we did the Mt. Rushmore monument both during the day and night show. Tuesday was Devil's Tower, about a 2 hr. drive and on Wednesday Crazy Horse and Custer State Park.  They were amazed at Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower, and were surprised at the diversity of Custer State Park. If you are ever in the Mt. Rushmore area you must visit Custer State Park.  Four more overnights in Mitchell SD, Adel IA, Champaign IL and Argillite KY and we were home.  It was long and exhausting trip but well worth it.  Happy RVing everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom