EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: More holes, these are inside the trailer  (Read 424 times)

Graycat

• ---
More holes, these are inside the trailer
« on: September 13, 2017, 02:15:15 PM »
There were no towel holders in the bathroom, only a curio box the previous owners hung on the wall beside the sink.  I bought a couple of towel racks yesterday and today took down the curio box.  They either put it up as a coverup or they made these holes when they put up the curio.  In either case, now I need to fix it.

The first picture shows two metal wall anchors.  They are actually lined up, I was just holding the phone around the corner so didn't have it lined up.  It also shows 3 holes to the right, two were in the curio.  You can kind of see a splintered tear in the wall.  I marked it with a red arrow and tried getting a closer shot with the second picture.  Looks like they tried to pull a screw or wall anchor out of the wall and ripped out a chunk of the wall.  Looks like luan, definitely wood.  You can't tell with a 2D photo, but it stands out from the wall over 1/4".

I might be able to use one of the wall anchors to hang one of my towel bars.  I didn't check to see if it was anywhere close to the right place for that.  But the tear has to be fixed, and I'd rather not have the other anchor visible.

Any ideas?

Marti
Marti, Lee, and an old gray cat named Buddy

ClickHill

• ---
Re: More holes, these are inside the trailer
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »
I can only speak regarding Winnebago Industry products:  Check with your manufacturer customer service at the factory and see if they have wall tape that matches your wall.  This tape is used at joints and will match your wall perfectly.  I know Winnebago Industries has this for all of their models regardless of the year model.

I hope this helps.
D & D
2015 Winnebago Itasca Merdian
2013 Chevy Equinox toad

Graycat

• ---
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »
I can only speak regarding Winnebago Industry products:  Check with your manufacturer customer service at the factory and see if they have wall tape that matches your wall.  This tape is used at joints and will match your wall perfectly.  I know Winnebago Industries has this for all of their models regardless of the year model.

I hope this helps.

Excellent idea!  Thanks.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:14:52 AM »
You can usually buy caulk in more-or-less matching colors at hardware & home stores. Or get colored wood-filler, the type used for fizing damaged cabinetry.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

2kGeorgieBoy

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »
Any possibility that you can fashion/purchase a "backerboard". I'm thinking something made out of a thin veneer type of wood with a wood frame around it. It could be mounted on the wall and then mount the towel holders to it using anchors that would penetrate it and into the wall. The "backerboard" would not be structural, but more a "coverup" for the damaged area.
2000 Georgie Boy Maverick
31' E450 V10  No slides
our toys:
'08 Polaris Touring LE ATV (mine)
'12 Polaris 550 XP ATV (wife's)
1968 AH Sprite (original owners, not on road at this time)
Gary, Jena, and Presley (our awesome yellow Lab).
Westcliffe, CO.

Graycat

• ---
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 10:53:41 PM »
I bought a tan caulk but it didn't match at all. With the new shelf\towel bar up, that ripped place isn't noticeable. I think I'll fill the old hikes witk caulk and then soinge some darker matching paint over it.

Hosted by Over The Network