EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: How long does dealer repair take  (Read 813 times)

winona

• ---
Re: How long does dealer repair take
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones too.  CampLand in northern Indiana has been excellent with repairs and parts and explanations and then showing me what they've done.  My Trend can't tow, so I am a captive audience while they work on whatever.   They know I'm waiting, and so my standard question is: should I bring my pajamas??  My salesman always offers his car if I need to run errands too.
Winnebago Trend
Dorothy and Bailey, my big loveable lab

Graycat

• ---
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
We had only one warranty issue with our new coach - a section of bedroom wall paneling was quite loose from the wall structure.  You had to hold it against the wall when pulling a plug from the power outlet, or it would just come right with it! 

Do you know how they fixed it?
Marti, Lee, and an old gray cat named Buddy

FunSteak

• ---
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 01:12:17 PM »
Do you know how they fixed it?

Not 100%, but it appears that they simply pulled the panel, applied adhesive to it (or the studs/structure behind it) and reapplied it.  It's nice and solid now.

Interestingly, this is an issue we noticed on the walkthrough, though not quite as bad as it eventually became.  They told me it was addressed, and it did feel better, but not nearly as solid as it does now.  After a couple hundred miles of vibration, it loosened again, and I initiated the warranty claim.  It seems that they just sort of "tucked it in" on the first go-round. 

What really bugged me was the 120 outlet on that wall, which is up high (probably for the optional bedroom TV we don't have).  You couldn't pull out a plug without holding the wall panel, or the darn thing would just keep pulling away from the structure behind it, outlet and all. 

Happy it's good to go now.  Other than that, this coach has been pretty rock solid.   :)
JP & Karen
2017 Minnie Winnie 26a

Hosted by Over The Network