TV Coaxial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William52

Ok my 2000 Pace Arrow can transmit  the DVD/VCR to rear TV  via Coaxial, via the BOMB,but when I switch to OTA/ Antenna NO work, OK switched the BOMB from 1 to 2  TV wires still dead but works on the front TV  but the TV 2 has no signal ,a Driving me nuts. The cable has to ok cause the DVD/ VCR signal is ok to the rear? But NO signal OTA to the rear. Going insane.

Two suspects.
1: Bad switch on the BOMB.. Try pushing buttons like 100 times for TV-2.. Wait, you said you swapped the front and rear TV cables so you already eliminated that (MUST remember to read and retain more closely)(

2: Length of coax, line loss.. I have that problem.. Even though per engineers who should know the rear receiver is the better one.. I often get reception in front but not the rear.. Strange thing is just now I have one station on the rear I don't have in front.. at least I think I do. 

And last is deterioration of the coax.  It can go bad over time and loss increases,.

Has this coach had its tvs upgraded to digital? Or maybe a digital converter installed?  If so, the wiring to the tvs may have been changed or even omitted. Or the digital converter has failed for the rear tv. There is no guarantee the DVD & VCR coax also carries the OTA antenna signal from the BOMB. Or even that the OTA signal still goes thru the BOMB.

Both TV(smart) upgraded Front no problem so I switched the coaxial wires at the bomb and no signal but the VCR/DVD works. Maybe the new UHD needs a digital converter to the rear TV for over the air? May have to find a set of modern rabbit ears?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Has this coach had its tvs upgraded to digital? Or maybe a digital converter installed?  If so, the wiring to the tvs may have been changed or even omitted. Or the digital converter has failed for the rear tv. There is no guarantee the DVD & VCR coax also carries the OTA antenna signal from the BOMB. Or even that the OTA signal still goes thru the BOMB.
  Was working and quit with the OE TV, upgraded TV do I need a new zinwell converter or better one? What would you recommend? BTW there is only one coaxial plug at rear so must go thur bomb?

Any tv sold in the USA since 2007 is supposed to be able to receive Over the Air (OTA) digital TV or be clearly marked as unable to do so.  MOST Tv's also do digital cable less it is encrypted. (ELement is the exception and the only TV made in the USA).

So if yours is a "Wide Screen" it should do digital over the air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom