tv booster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First: SCARP the flying saucer and get a Winegard Sensar IV.

For the additional boost.> Winegard Sensar Pro. it replaces your existing wall plate.  Direct replacement though you need to make one minor mod (a notch) and you loose the useless 12 volt outet.

The Sensar Pro does a lot more than boost by the way. Read the company blurb on it. 

What sort of "round antenna"?  If it is designed for RV use, it probably already has an amplifier in it and it just needs 12v power on the coax.  Need to know the make & model of antenna to be sure, though.

As JFD says, the round antennas are usually an omni-directinal type and not very effective unless the RV is located near a major metro area that has local tv stations. Directions like the Sesnar usually perform batter in RVs.

People complain in the RV park I'm at when I put up my long wire Ham antenna.. They claim it's interfering with their TV (We are on the ragged edge and if band conditions are not good, no TV)

Many of hte complainers have JACK antennas pointed the wrong way

I have a Winegard Sensar III, plus Wingman and Sensar Pro peaked on the channel of prime interest.

Oh, and the fun part. I take down the long wire they say "All good now" but ... I still have an antenna hooked to the radio. one that favors the HIGHER frequencies (Closer to Televison) more than the 80' job...  Oh well.. I know the truth.

Federal law coming that will fix that for me.

Back
Top Bottom