Tell us what you love about your current RV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Since a lot of what gets posted are complaints and problems with with an RV, I wanted to start a thread about positive aspects of your RV. Pick out a couple of things you like about it, and tell us the year make and model. I'll  start.

2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus, 40SP.
I love the ride of the Powerglide chassis with the independent front suspension. It's a joy to drive, even at 40' long.  The bath and half floor plan is turning out to be a winner as well. And the king size bed has improved our mornings as we are both sleeping better at night. There is a long list, but these are the things that came to mind first.

Good to hear, but I am more interested in a thread about features that someone searching about info on RV's could find helpful information.

I love the fact that with my Jayco Flight 24' RLSW trailer is small enough that I can maneuver and slip into camp spots that larger rigs have to pass on.

I would hate to be confined only to large commercial RV slots and miss out on the grandeur of National Forest service campgrounds...where long slots are few and far between.

The feature that shines the most is a rear living couch....(recliners even better) rather than the dinette table area, as the only seating option.

We have a 2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS 5th wheel
  • The shower - a full size shower with multiple shelves, a seat, and sliding glass doors. Much nicer than any tub/shower we've had in prior campers. It's actually bigger than our shower stall at home!
  • Outside storage. In addition to the large front storage typical of all 5th wheels, I have a sizable bin towards the rear for all my leveling blocks, tool box, water hoses, etc.

I have a 2017 Shasta Revere 25bh travel trailer.
Love the two opposing slides - gives a huge living area with the kitchen island in between.

I love the insulation and heated tanks in our travel trailer. We can comfortably live in 20-25 degree temps when needed to enjoy the glorious fall mountain weather. I also love the big tanks (80 gallon fresh, 80 gallon gray, 40 gallon black, 10 gallon water heater). We can dry camp for a week (including daily showers) with only minimal effort at water conservation.

ETA, this is a trailer with a 24' box, 28.5' tongue to bumper. Small package with solid quality.

My 2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 is a nice coach, reasonably responsive in performance, decent fuel mileage (7-9 mpg), reasonably comfortable, the "comfort steer" takes some of the effort out of fighting crosswinds and passing trucks, it seems well built and it's had few problems, although the generator problem I had in January was not nice (under warranty, thankfully).

I love the way the house batteries slide out on a tray that makes it easy to get to each battery -- not all battery slides are this nice. And the chassis batteries came as "maintenance free," the first I've seen on an RV.

It has a fireplace under the TV which we accepted even though we thought we'd rather have extra storage, but it's proved to be a great thing to have when we're plugged in during chilly weather, since it can either supplement the Oasis heat (hydronic) or warm the front part of the coach by itself, if it's not too cold. I probably should mention, though, that the Oasis fans are a bit louder than those in the Aqua Hot we had in the Beaver, though not as bad as typical propane furnace fans.

It includes a front "half bath" which is needed because you can't get to the rear bath when slides are in, but we've found it handy, even when set up for the night (more so than we expected).

And Newmar has offered a chance, both by email and by phone, to comment on the coach and dealer service, especially wanting to know how the dealer has treated us for service (pretty decent).

Later:
Gene (Draggin... below) reminded me that I should mention the MCD shades, not only on the windshield but on all windows -- they're wonderful!

2016 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
I like maneuvering 33' of motorhome a lot better than 57' of pickup and trailer. We keep ours ready to use, and I generally just have to check the air in the tires and go, rather than the hook-up process we went through before. Having a built-in generator is nice. Other than a few issues with the entertainment systems, and an issue with the furnace, which were all fixed by me with free replacement parts from the manufacturers, we haven't had much problems with our Leprechaun. Oh, I did have to fix the bungee that held the door open. (The door that separates the bedroom/bathroom from the rest of the coach) We have 7500# towing capacity, so when we get set up to pull the Explorer, there won't be a weight issue. The seating is fairly comfortable, but recliners instead of a couch would be nice. The television is directly across from the couch, and is on a lift, so it can be stored out of sight, allowing a nice view out the window. We also don't have to break our necks looking at a tv above the dash, or at an odd angle. The ride is acceptable, but I think I may take it in for alignment to see if it's possible to get it to handle better. It doesn't handle too bad now, I can drive it one-handed with ease if I wanted. I have plenty of storage room, and actually have enough room to overload it even though we have just under 2000# payload available. 

SargeW,  It's paid for!!! Independent hydraulic slide control. Comfortable to -20 F and colder! Hydraulic disc brakes. Bigfoot autoleveling. 17.5 tires/wheels. Solar (6 batteries/panels). Dual pane windows. New roof (FlexArmor) which should never have to  be worked on again. MorRyde (height adjustable) suspension. Frame, "beefy" enough for towing a boat or heavily loaded utility trailer ( Polaris Ranger and lots of hunting gear). Lots of cabinets/storage. Quality of woodwork. Heavy/quality carpet. Summary: For something you will be pulling down the highway... what's not to like!

Outstanding folks! I knew that there were a lot of satisfied owners out there. We just sometimes forget to say why. Great info for someone thinking about getting into RVing and wondering what there is to like about each kind of RV. Keep it coming!

[quote author=SargeW]... a thread about features that someone searching about info on RV's could find helpful information.[/quote]

Thanks Marty; It might make a good Library article too.

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F. We love the bath and a half, opposing slides, MCD Day/Night and Solar shades, a bed that slides up the headboard wall when not in use for more walking room in the bedroom and night tables on both sides of the bed.

I like the kitchen counter space, the quality of the coach overall, the king size bed (although we tossed the sleep number, and replaced it with a Denver Mattress RV Supreme Euro Top..EXCELLENT mattress... Highly recommend, by the way) and I really like the size of the shower!
2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP

2015 Winnebago Trend  24L

Maneuverable!  Fits anywhere and can stay in my drive all year.
My L-shaped kitchen which has enough counter space along with the flip-up section by the sink.
Permanent bed in the back -- with only 24 feet long is there a "back" ?? --- and the extra lift bed which stays out of the way till needed.
Full bathroom with a "roomy" shower and a squeegee shower door which squeegees off the water as it closes, plus stays out of the way.

My joke is I can reach a can of pop out of the fridge while I'm driving.  Small but efficient and works for me!

SargeW said:
Outstanding folks! I knew that there were a lot of satisfied owners out there. We just sometimes forget to say why. Great info for someone thinking about getting into RVing and wondering what there is to like about each kind of RV. Keep it coming!

Sarge, Be very careful and do lots of brand research.... it can eliminate a lot of heartache and save you thousands of dollars!  Even the best can have problems, but with many, "Problems should be part of the guarantee"!

Memtb said:
    Sarge, Be very careful and do lots of brand research.... it can eliminate a lot of heartache and save you thousands of dollars!  Even the best can have problems, but with many, "Problems should be part of the guarantee"!

If you're thinking he's doing research for a new purchase, I think he's got that covered. Marty and Diane jsut bought a new Tiffin Alegro Bus:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,105423.0.html

He's just referring to the fact we all "whine and cry" about things gone wrong with or RV's and very few post the good about them. He's getting us to show what we love about our RV's so other's can see.

I love mine because it's paid for and there are no slides, levelers, or transfer switches to crap out.

I like ours because we can gain access to everything we need (fridge, toilet, bed, cabinet with dogs food, sink for water) while traveling without opening any slides and we have 4 slides. Also we love the walk around queen size bed.

I have owned a large class A with all the bells and whistles. I have owned many without all the bells and whistles. I much prefer a rig without all the bells and whistles. Leveling jacks, electric awnings, and stuff like that are just not necessary for me to enjoy RVing. A lot less things to go wrong and to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom