Tell us what you love about your current RV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although I have always liked my rig, I love mine now that I have developed the courage to modify many of the original characteristics to what suits me best. For the most part, all the basic pieces I wanted are there, they just either did not operate the way I like them, or were placed in the floor plan in a way not suited for our lifestyle. Sometimes simple things like moving the table and chairs from the slide to the rear of the unit, and moving the recliners in the back to the slide.
  • I really appreciate two opposing slides because that makes the living space feel much larger than it is.
  • The little electric fireplace is perfect to take the chill off the rig as I make coffee in the morning.
  • Everything is accessible when the slides are in, including refrigerator, stove, etc.
  • I appreciate the large open storage spaces - my two 9-foot Hobie inflatable kayaks fit just fine either under the bed, or in the storage compartment.
  • I LOVE that the rig is an ultralight. I tow with a one-ton 6.7L Cummins, and can easily accelerate up the steepest grades. I keep the speed to 60  mph and average 12 mpg, which is only 2-3 mpg less than I get solo around town. I'll always purchase an ultralight from now on.

I have a 2002 Safari Trek 2830 (nearly identical twin to this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqDAGm4LEJ0 ) The thing I love about it most is that it maximizes the living space for 2 adults in a sub 30 ft package so I can fit into a lot of small campgrounds where a big diesel pusher would not fit.  It is also small enough to make traveling without a TOAD somewhat possible.

Like everyone else I love my full size shower! And I love that it has a curtain not glass and a HUGE skylight above it through which I can often see the moon when I shower at night. Other things I love:
my full size queen mattress
the laminate wood flooring
HUGE pantry and linen closet
Bluetooth radio with outdoor speakers
Surround sound for the TV
Hidden propane tanks
Large pass through storage underneath with the same laminate flooring, magnetic holds for the doors, and lights.

We are serious considering purchasing a new fifth wheel. The new one has a bath and 1/2.  Opposing slides in the living kitchen areas.  Residential fridge w/ inverter.  Has outside kitchen, love to grill so this may go high on the list. 

These are a few of the upgrades we have done to our current 5'r  that we love and will happen immediately if not already included. 
# 1  For those of us that have a rinse hose for the toilet, we know how well that works.
# 2  Adding a good full shut off and a back flow preventer on the hot water side of the shower.....Hated that cold water blast when that valve was shut off was
        turned back on. (Part # for these valves are Camco 23303 1/2" back flow preventer, use on the hot water side and KES K1140B3 Brass shower shut off.                     
        About $20.00 from Amazon.)
# 3  Valterra Twist on waste valve added at the end of the soil pipe.
# 4  LED lights in all fixture except for reading lamp over bed.

Wi1dBi11

I enjoy all of the features in my 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J. I like the ease of operation of all of the features, such as the Master Panel that has all the information I need to enjoy the motorhome, tank levels, generator, battery status, hot water controls, and water pump controls all at the touch of a button. My tankless water heater is great. I really like the full shower and comfort height commode. The Kitchen area is great for meal prep and the layout is such that all of my kitchen work is done in an area less than a 12 sq ft. The space in the Winnebago Aspect is designed with the end user in mind. I do enjoy this coach.

I like the big living room slide with recliners and rockers, and a corner fireplace and TV.   

Wish they'd put a fireplace in the bedroom !

I'll regress and report what I really loved when we still had our 36' 95 Bounder diesel with no slides.  The cupboards were reachable!  When we moved into our Monaco McKenzie fifth wheel, I couldn't reach the top shelves of the cupboards and I'm 5'8".  I also loved the walk-through bathroom in the Bounder.  When you shut both doors you had all kinds of room to step out of the shower to dry off, dress, sort dirty clothes before laundry trips, etc.  Also loved that we each had a night stand, something Monaco McK design engineers didn't think was essential.  I like to read in bed, so I did!  Gotta love those slides in the McK, though, for the extra living space.  Motorhome design has come a long way since those days, but if you're buying a "vintage" used vehicle, give these things some thought.

Had a 36' Itasca that was great except when you were living in it for about 3-4 mo per yr. Now a 2009 43' bus, what's not to love about all the room you need! a king size bed, unlimited hot water in a full size shower, plenty of power pulling grades up a mountain pass, a power glide chassis, a real person who answers the phone at the OEM factory when you call with a question, 4 TV's with surround sound, awnings, MCD shades, 4 slides, indoor and outdoor stereos, counter space, storage space in the lower bays, 3 AC units, residential fridge, a perfect floor plan, larger storage tanks, etc, etc, certainly not a starter rig or for everyone but if it fits your lifestyle you won't regret an Allegro bus or anything made by Tiffin! Nothing is perfect but all in all once I found the best floor plan for our needs I have had the best results from a Winnie or Tiffin model.

Our rig is in the signature. I am a simple type person I suppose...but I really like the solid aluminum wheels and tires! I have owned two other class C's but the wheels were wimpy. Also love the full body paint on our Winnebago. Also stacked washer/dryer and the dishwasher. Feel like a King when we are "camping!"

We love our TT especially that we have lots of storage space underneath.  Love our bath tub shower.  One thing I would like to have in my next one is an outdoor kitchen.  Or I think
I would! 

nice idea for a thread....

Well coming in after several days of a nor'easter dumping rain ahead of the NE quadrant of Irma coming over making for many inches of rain... NO LEAKS!  at least none that I have found!!!

We like the orientation of the sofa and dinette relative to the large TV (The TV forms the door for some of the cabinets so it's not in the way)
Lots of counter space
more interior cabinet space than we really need
oh, & I like all the good family-time memories in it!

Our 27' trailer with the rear living floor plan is very well suited for the two of us. It's small enough to get into some tighter spaces, but there is enough room inside so the rare days when we're stuck inside due to weather, we're not right on top of each other.  We have a single slide that has a couch and dinette that both convert  to "beds" if we happen to have some of the grandchildren along. There is lots of storage under the couch for longer items, (broom, mop, hiking sticks, etc) and lots more storage under both dinette benches. It's a fairly light trailer at #6000 loaded so the Tundra pulls it just fine. We've made a number of mods to make it "ours" but nothing major. 

A great question/topic, but a tough one for me to answer simply ...
  • The 2 opposing slideouts (of 3 total) make the living area feel 'cavernous'.
  • Our remodel to replace one of the sofas with a desk and credenza (thanks to Jerry & Ardra Fitzgerald for the design).
  • The Sleep Number mattress that replaced the OEM mattresss.
  • The dining table and (4) chairs vs a booth (my back doesn't allow me to sit in a booth).
  • The 2x4 custom drawers we added below the hanging clothes in the rear closet.
  • The 8-air bag Roadmaster chassis with the 'floating H' front sub-chassis (no longer available).
  • The 10,000 lb towing capacity.
Marty, maybe we also need a 'wish we had this feature' topic.

If you start a new wish list topic, I could start it off with "wish I had Marty and Diane's new rig".  :)

Back
Top Bottom