Tell us what you love about your current RV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For long skinny shelves DW bought 2 baskets that fit one behind the other. The back basket gets things that aren't used very often but it is easy to pull out the basket when you need to.

Sprucegum said:
For long skinny shelves DW bought 2 baskets that fit one behind the other. The back basket gets things that aren't used very often but it is easy to pull out the basket when you need to.
Hummm....

Wi1dBi!!

We used wire baskets in a previous RV that needed to control items in a pantry. Our current rig has a backing board in the pull out pantry, so a bungee stretched across the front of the shelf keeps the bottles and such on the shelf.

2016 KZ Spree 262RKS
We LOVE the "Residential size" shower and porcelain toilet.  Also love the heated underbelly for camping when temps are below freezing and the roomy kitchen.  The rear outside shower is very handy since I do lots of outside cooking and I use it for handwashing.  This unit also has LOTS of storage, which is very handy, especially on longer getaways.
My next unit will probably be a fifth wheel toy hauler.  Looking at the Grand Design 350M. Currently I haul my golf cart (or sometimes two) on my truck's flatbed.  The garage area is nicely set up for additional living space, has the washer/dryer hookup and the half bath.  All of which seem to be well liked features.

Monday, we took delivery of our new Sierra 5th wheel.  Printed out the PD check list from the library.  Read It over several times and had DW read it over.  I gave her a roll of 3M blue masking tape and told her to put a piece of tape on any problem she saw.  Tried my hardest to impress upon her to take her time and forget the "OUR NEW UNIT" emotion.  After two hours we found things inside and outside that needed fixed.  Most were small and they fix them right then. I did wondered if they miss these, what else?  Since the DW was doing the interior, checking all the cabinet, doors, and draws opened and closed, I was checking the mechanical/electrical.  After another 1 1/2 hour of walk through/explanations we felt pretty comfortable with the exception on the front hydraulic stabilizers  were mounted too low.  We were assured by the sales staff that they had hundreds of the out there mounted like that and no one complained.  In my mind I knew that I was going the raise them.  DW also pointed out several other items that were kinda brushes aside.  (From hanging rvforum long enough, I knew that I was just going to have to Fix Sh!t myself.)

So off we went to the campgrounds, after meeting the service manager, who I had hoped he was joking when he said he would keep a time slot open for us.

At the campground, we set up.  Loved the 6 point hydraulic system.  Water good, Power good,  A/C worked, as did the furnace.  Unfortunately, we tried the washer...Would have been nice if when they installed it, they would have turn the water valves on.  Mounted the dryer on top and no way to get to the valves.
Then the DW started pointing out the cabinet door where they use crap wood.  Bitting my lip, I cussed under my breath, why she didn't mark them or say something at the walk through.  Next she pointed the spots all over the ceiling.. She saw them at the dealer but never said anything either.!?!?!?!?!????

Our list kept getting longer,  took it back to the dealer today. I had called service twice yesterday trying to fix stuff.  With 14 items to repair/fix, the Service Manager and I agreed that all this could and should have been checked and handled in the pre-delivery. The Service Manager also saw the front hydraulic legs and wrote them down to raise them.  Accord to him, i wasn't the first that needed them raised. 

Evidently,  dealer prep is a separate department from the service depart.  That explain a lot of the comments  from the new buyer about how bad the new stuff is.           

So we came home without the new unit, we are hopeful that it will ready the first part of the week.  I'm waiting to see how we're treated by the service department before I tell you where we purchased it.  Right now, I would rated the sales staff at a 4 in the 1 to 10 scale.

Wi1dBi11

What I love about my current RV...

Love that that paid for smell.

The 14 windows that let me see my world, not hide from it.

The cute wittle doggy that lives in it.

1994 Class C Tioga Montara 28 feet

I've been fulltiming in it 24/7 since 2009

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom