EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Pigs?  (Read 507 times)

Kheren

• ---
Pigs?
« on: September 14, 2017, 06:27:25 PM »
We traveled for a bit but are now "semi" permanent in an rv park with our 4 year old, 120+ pound pig! Ha, our neighbors love him! Curious if anyone else has anything "unusual?"  Can't upload any photos here for some reason, they're always too big.

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: Pigs?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
Go into the Library here and find an article on photo size reduction.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:15:09 AM by SeilerBird »
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

EZY1968

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »
Tooo funny we also have a "Daisy" that is also four yrs old. How does your little piggy do the stairs into the RV? Daisy does go up but not down. :)

rvannie23

• ---
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »
Wow a pig! I bet you get some attention at RV parks. I generally leave people alone but I would be over at your spot in a second petting her (can you pet pigs?)

I once saw a much older couple in a super nice mobile suites with a gigantic multicolored parrot. He had his own perch in between the driver and passengers seat and was looking out into the park. I was definitely taken aback when I noticed him.  Later in the evening he was outside on the mans shoulder while he cooked. Your pig sort of takes the cake here though!
2014 Laredo 274rb TT
2015 Duramax
FL - MS - TX

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »
My wife also travels with a pig. She has threatened to get rid of him because, well he's a pig. He can be petted but prefers you show up with beer and snacks.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

Becks

• ---
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
We once parked next to a couple that had a parrot that talked non stopped.
2006 Travel Supreme
Spartan 42FT Tag Axle
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon/2003 Honda CRV

Kheren

• ---
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:18:32 AM »
Go into the Library here and find an article on photo size reduction.
Thank you!
Tooo funny we also have a "Daisy" that is also four yrs old. How does your little piggy do the stairs into the RV? Daisy does go up but not down. :)
No way?! I love meeting other pig folks, it's not crazy right? When we were traveling, he was somewhat small and stairs were ok but we mostly lifted him, we have been parked nearly 3 years now and have a deck with wider steps for him.
Wow a pig! I bet you get some attention at RV parks. I generally leave people alone but I would be over at your spot in a second petting her (can you pet pigs?)

I once saw a much older couple in a super nice mobile suites with a gigantic multicolored parrot. He had his own perch in between the driver and passengers seat and was looking out into the park. I was definitely taken aback when I noticed him.  Later in the evening he was outside on the mans shoulder while he cooked. Your pig sort of takes the cake here though!
Ah a parrot would be fun, but noises! Lol Our neighbors love him, everyone always brings him watermelon rinds and stuff, the owners here are great pet people. Even the summer campers have to make a visit now and then.
My wife also travels with a pig. She has threatened to get rid of him because, well he's a pig. He can be petted but prefers you show up with beer and snacks.
Haha ok so then yeah, I have TWO pigs, the oldest seems a bit like your wife's ;(

He is definitely quieter than any dog I've ever camped with...and fully potty trained so yay!

touchracing

• ---
  • Prepping for full time
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
My wife and I camped with our potbelly pig a few times back when he was little and we had a pop up camper.  I made a set of stairs for him to get in and out of the camper.  We stopped bringing him with us because he was a very mischievous pig.  He would get a smell of something or other and start rooting up the grass at the campsite.
Wherever I may roam

QZ

• ---
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
Is it house trained, if so was it difficult?

touchracing

• ---
  • Prepping for full time
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:44 AM »
Pigs have to be one of the easiest pets to house train. 
Wherever I may roam

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 10:12:19 AM »
Pigs have to be one of the easiest pets to house train.
They can't be easier than cats to house train since you don't train a cat. Put out a litter box and they do the rest. ;D
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

sadixon49

• ---
  • Fishers, Indiana
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 10:21:41 AM »
Wow! 4+ years old and only 120#. You must keep that pig on a serious diet. I raised hogs in an earlier life, 1000+ hogs a year in a farrow to finish operation. One thing I know is that all those cute little pigs grow up to be hogs. We always figured 6 mos. from newborn to market at #215+.
steve
2017 Jayco Redhawk 26XD
E-450 Ford, 6.8 V-10
EEZRV TPMS

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 10:32:13 AM »
They can't be easier than cats to house train since you don't train a cat. Put out a litter box and they do the rest. ;D

Couldn't imagine having to empty the litter box after a pig uses it! ;D

There again, after raising pigs on the farm when I was younger, I couldn't imagine picking up after it like a dog around the campground either.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Kheren

• ---
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
He is better house trained than any pet I've owned! Never an accident since he was just a few weeks old, he used a litter box as a small piglet and now goes strictly outdoors. Actually he was easier than a cat imo, no training whatsoever. Despite common belief they are very clean animals. Lol He's great. He is a Juliana pig, not a farm hog- in fact he is a bit overweight, no "strict" diet.

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:33 PM »
All this pig talk has me craving a BLT.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

Hosted by Over The Network