Pigs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kheren

We traveled for a bit but are now "semi" permanent in an rv park with our 4 year old, 120+ pound pig! Ha, our neighbors love him! Curious if anyone else has anything "unusual?"  Can't upload any photos here for some reason, they're always too big.

Tooo funny we also have a "Daisy" that is also four yrs old. How does your little piggy do the stairs into the RV? Daisy does go up but not down. :)

Wow a pig! I bet you get some attention at RV parks. I generally leave people alone but I would be over at your spot in a second petting her (can you pet pigs?)

I once saw a much older couple in a super nice mobile suites with a gigantic multicolored parrot. He had his own perch in between the driver and passengers seat and was looking out into the park. I was definitely taken aback when I noticed him.  Later in the evening he was outside on the mans shoulder while he cooked. Your pig sort of takes the cake here though!

My wife also travels with a pig. She has threatened to get rid of him because, well he's a pig. He can be petted but prefers you show up with beer and snacks.

We once parked next to a couple that had a parrot that talked non stopped.

SeilerBird said:
Go into the Library here and find an article on photo size reduction.
Thank you!
EZY1968 said:
Tooo funny we also have a "Daisy" that is also four yrs old. How does your little piggy do the stairs into the RV? Daisy does go up but not down. :)
No way?! I love meeting other pig folks, it's not crazy right? When we were traveling, he was somewhat small and stairs were ok but we mostly lifted him, we have been parked nearly 3 years now and have a deck with wider steps for him.
rvannie23 said:
Wow a pig! I bet you get some attention at RV parks. I generally leave people alone but I would be over at your spot in a second petting her (can you pet pigs?)

I once saw a much older couple in a super nice mobile suites with a gigantic multicolored parrot. He had his own perch in between the driver and passengers seat and was looking out into the park. I was definitely taken aback when I noticed him.  Later in the evening he was outside on the mans shoulder while he cooked. Your pig sort of takes the cake here though!
Ah a parrot would be fun, but noises! Lol Our neighbors love him, everyone always brings him watermelon rinds and stuff, the owners here are great pet people. Even the summer campers have to make a visit now and then.
Oldgator73 said:
My wife also travels with a pig. She has threatened to get rid of him because, well he's a pig. He can be petted but prefers you show up with beer and snacks.
Haha ok so then yeah, I have TWO pigs, the oldest seems a bit like your wife's ;(

He is definitely quieter than any dog I've ever camped with...and fully potty trained so yay!

My wife and I camped with our potbelly pig a few times back when he was little and we had a pop up camper.  I made a set of stairs for him to get in and out of the camper.  We stopped bringing him with us because he was a very mischievous pig.  He would get a smell of something or other and start rooting up the grass at the campsite.

Is it house trained, if so was it difficult?

Wow! 4+ years old and only 120#. You must keep that pig on a serious diet. I raised hogs in an earlier life, 1000+ hogs a year in a farrow to finish operation. One thing I know is that all those cute little pigs grow up to be hogs. We always figured 6 mos. from newborn to market at #215+.

SeilerBird said:
They can't be easier than cats to house train since you don't train a cat. Put out a litter box and they do the rest. ;D

Couldn't imagine having to empty the litter box after a pig uses it! ;D

There again, after raising pigs on the farm when I was younger, I couldn't imagine picking up after it like a dog around the campground either.

He is better house trained than any pet I've owned! Never an accident since he was just a few weeks old, he used a litter box as a small piglet and now goes strictly outdoors. Actually he was easier than a cat imo, no training whatsoever. Despite common belief they are very clean animals. Lol He's great. He is a Juliana pig, not a farm hog- in fact he is a bit overweight, no "strict" diet.

When I was in college the Biology (in fact all the Science) teachers and I were friends... Most of us were all "Farm Boys" asd well. The Physics proff was a "Truck Farmer" and one of the Biology (my lab instructor) general farming (Animals and plants) the other one I did not knw quite that well.

Well when we got to disect the fetal pig in lab step one wasd answering the question  "male/Female' these were "near term" Pigs. s for me it took about half a second to tell which I had.. It was amazing how many of thode roughly 20 year olds back aout 1970 (The middle of the "Sexual revolution) could nt tell the boys from the Girls.

Grandpa (Dad and Grandpa shared the farm ) was a swineherdf,, Dad a dairy farmer.. So I've shoveled politicval promises by the ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom