Slide Awning Flapping in the Wind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

We had some wind last several nights which caused a couple of our slide awnings to make a heck of a racket. Never had this before.

Can the rollers be tightened and will this help?

Thanks, Tom

I don't know about tightening the rollers, but have read where folks have run a ratchet strap across the toppers and around the slides.

The tension can be tightened up, but you are not going to stop the toppers from flapping if the wind comes from the right direction at more than gentle speeds.

I have seen several pieces of PVC pipe used on top of the slide awning, and the rope described above to hold it down.

Ed

I've seen people put a couple of beach balls between the topper and the slide out. But for me, the easiest would be tying a rope around it like said.

Thanks guys for the ideas.

On a humorous note, I first experienced this three nights ago in Denver, CO. We were awoken from our sleep by the noise and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. We were sure some dangerous creature had taken up residence, perhaps in a basement compartment I'd leff open and unattended for awhile. By the third night of noise we figured it out.

Tom

I have pulled in the slides to stop the noise and potential damage to the awnings.  I have also used the rope as suggested by others.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom