Our First RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IowaNomads

Our dreams of becoming fulltime RVers is one step closer to being reality. Today we purchased a 34 ft 1995 Fleetwood Bounder motorhome. After looking at several that just didn't meet our needs this one had everything we wanted and more.

Attachments

• fleetwood.jpg
    fleetwood.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 80
Congratulations on the Bounder. I believe that was the first year for a motorhome with basement storage.

Tom, do you mean first year for Bounder for basement storage?

My old neighbors '90 Country Coach had basement storage.

If this old Bounder is not rotted out, it should be a good coach for a first timer and they still look good, IMO

Welcome to the forum. Just a side note, make sure (if you already haven't) check the manufactures date code on the tires. I'd hate to have you break down on the side of the highway with a blown tire and a lot of damage to the RV. Tires are typically good for 7 to 8 years before they need to be replaced. Even if the tread looks brand new, check the dates. Enjoy and safe travels.

do you mean first year for Bounder for basement storage?

My recollection is that the Bounder came out shortly after we bought our 1985 Pace Arrow (new), and one of its claims to fame was the first basement storage.

The Bounder was the first to offer a "full basement", as opposed to just some compartments tucked here & there underneath. Basically the body was made tall so the interior floor could be raised enough to provide a continuous space for storage underneath.

NewmanRacing said:
Congratulations! Looks like a great rig.

Just have to swap out the ram for a Hawkeye and you are good to go!

Thanks, As far as the Hawkeyes go we're in Cyclone country. The Ram Express goes back to the original owner and it was their high school mascot.

Congratulations!  We too are first time RV'ers and bought a similar rig.  A1992 Damon Challenger with the 454 Chevy frame.  She gets 5.1 mpg pulling our motorcycles on a 6 X 10 trailer, but we don't care!  She runs and drives like new at 115,000 miles.  Bought in September, taking her on our 3rd trip of 4 days next week. Really enjoying it!!!

Back
Top Bottom