Where we weathered Hurricane Irma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captcosmic

My family and I passed the eye of Irma in our Winnebago 34V. Safe and sound with all the comforts of home.

Attachments

• winnie in hangar.jpg
    winnie in hangar.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 76
Rene T said:
Must be nice to have your own airport.  :eek: ::) ;D

Not mine. It is Lakeland Linder's airport (Florida). New home of the Hurricane Hunters. Uncle Sam rents it from them. Since the planes were evacuated to New Orleans there was plenty of space! Which filled up rather fast with county aircraft and vehicles of all shapes and sizes! See if you can find my HEV now?

And TV reception like cell reception was great, until the hangar door closed. :(

Attachments

• hangar2.jpg
    hangar2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 59
All the way up in the top right corner. Looks like they blocked ya' in pretty good there huh?

kdbgoat said:
All the way up in the top right corner. Looks like they blocked ya' in pretty good there huh?

The deputies were all pretty nice, except they were in no hurry to get their rigs out of the way to let me get home. The helos flew off fairly early, but SWAT, marine and emergency rigs were not to anxious to move their stuff.

That was a really good use of the space and you were lucky to be secure.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
That was a really good use of the space and you were lucky to be secure.

ArdraF

Hangar is designed for 150MPH winds. Even though the eye passed right over us, winds were only around 80MPH. My fifth hurricane on the ground, with 97 in the air. Hindsight makes me wish I stayed home, but the RV was safer there than the storage lot...as were we!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom