Higher quality booth cushions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graycat

I think our booth is a normal height, 18" to the top of the cushion, and the table may be a tad high at 29-1\2". When I sit at the booth, the cushion compresses down several inches so my chin is just above the table. I feel like I need a booster seat to eat!  Are there any cushions that don't crush down as much?

We were unhappy with our booth cushions for the same reason.  Our cushions were 4 inch thick and very soft.  We bought 5 inch higher density foam cushions from Speedwell.  They make cushions for most of the RV manufactures but to the MFG's cheap specs.  Look at them on www.speedwellonline.com.  You can view fabric samples there and can order 3 free samples.  You can also download the order form that shows you how to measure.  Be sure to call them before placing you order and discus the cushions, Chris made some good suggestions on our cushions.   

Most any upholstery shop can fix you up with firmer foam for the cushions. You may be able to re-use the covers if just firmer with the same thickness, but you could also have them make new covers for thicker cushions. We did that on a previous coach.

If you want to DIY, craft stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby, and fabric stores (e.g. Joann's) usually have foam blocks for making cushions and various grades of firmness. Just remember that what feels firm to the hand can compress easily with full body weight on it. You want good firm stuff for seat cushions!

We replaced the foam inside our dinette seats over a year ago. We bought from buyfoam.com. The new cushions are firm but soft - does that make sense? The order process was painless, they gave good advice, and the cushions were fairly easy to replace (kind of like putting on a turtleneck sweater. You could check them out too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom