Humorous Quotes from Sports Figures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Found these on a different forum and had to share.

Some observations offered by our sports heroes

?Coach Tom Landry is such a perfectionist that if he was married to Raquel Welch, he would expect her to cook.? - Don Meredith, Dallas Cowboys quarterback

"Last year we couldn't win at home and we were losing on the road My failure as a coach was that I couldn't think of anyplace else to play?- Harry Neale, professional hockey coach

"Blind people come to the ballpark just to listen to him pitch."- Reggie Jackson commenting on Tom Seaver.

"I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect."- Doug Sanders, professional golfer

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"- Mickey Lolich, Detroit Tigers pitcher

"When it's third and ten, you can have the milk drinkers; I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."- Max McGee, Green Bay Packers receiver

"I found out that it's not good to talk about my troubles. Eighty percent of the people who hear them don't care and the other twenty percent are glad I'm having them."- Tommy LaSorda , L A Dodgers manager

"My knees look like they lost a knife fight with a midget."- EJ. Holub, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker regarding his 12 knee operations

"When they operated, I told them to add in a Koufax fastball. They did, but unfortunately it was Mrs. Koufax's."- Tommy John , N.Y. Yankees, recalling his 1974 arm surgery

"I don't know. I only played there for nine years."- Walt Garrison, Dallas Cowboys fullback when asked if Tom Landry ever smiles.

"We were tipping off our plays. Whenever we broke from the huddle, three backs were laughing and one was pale as a ghost.? - John Breen, Houston Oilers

"The film looks suspiciously like the game itself."- Bum Phillips, New Orleans Saints, after viewing a lopsided loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

When I'm on the road, my greatest ambition is to get a standing boo." - Al Hrabosky, major league relief pitcher

"I have discovered in 20 years of moving around the ball park that the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats."- Bill Veeck, Chicago White Sox owner.

?Because if it didn't work out, I didn't want to blow the whole day."- Paul Horning, Green Bay Packers running back on why his marriage ceremony was before noon.

"I have a lifetime contract. That means I can't be fired during the third quarter if we're ahead and moving the ball."- Lou Holtz , Arkansas football coach

"I won't know until my barber tells me on Monday."- Knute Rockne, when asked why Notre Dame had lost a game

"I tell him "Attaway to hit, George."- Jim Frey, K.C. Royals manager when asked what advice he gives George Brett on hitting.

"I learned a long time ago that 'minor surgery' is when they do the operation on someone else, not you."- Bill Walton, Portland Trial Blazers

"Our biggest concern this season will be diaper rash."- George MacIntyre, Vanderbilt football coach surveying the team roster that included 26 freshmen and 25 sophomores.

"The only difference between me and General Custer is that I have to watch the films on Sunday."- Rick Venturi, Northwestern football coach

"I don't know. I only played there for nine years."- Walt Garrison, Dallas Cowboys fullback when asked if Tom Landry ever smiles.

Too funny!

For many years I used to say to Cubs fans that Tom Hanks was not correct. Cubs are living proof there is crying in baseball. I know, I was born a Cubs fan.

When a reporter asked Bucs coach John McKay about his team's execution  he said he was in favor of it. My all time favorite quote.
RichH

Yogi when asked why he no longer goes to a particular attraction. 

"No one goes there anymore, its too crowded".

Compadre said:
Yogi when asked why he no longer goes to a particular attraction. 

"No one goes there anymore, its too crowded".
I read recently that Yogi did not say that first, it is a quote from a movie but I can't find the name of the movie. You know when the truth becomes a legend print the legend.

SeilerBird said:
I read recently that Yogi did not say that first, it is a quote from a movie but I can't find the name of the movie. You know when the truth becomes a legend print the legend.

I don't think that's correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom