EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 1988 Bounder unidentified switch question  (Read 103 times)

September28

• ---
1988 Bounder unidentified switch question
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:13:51 AM »
Hello,

I'm completely new to motorhome ownership and this may be a dumb question, but here goes.  I have a 1988 Fleetwood Bounder, it has a 454 7.4l V8 on a Chevy P30 chassis and its equipped with a Kohler 7000 generator.  My question is, on the inside by the double door closet there is a red switch, I can't figure out its function. I thought that it might control the light in the closet that comes on when the door is opened but that is not the case. I have checked the owners manual and haven't found any info there also no mention in the chassis manual.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: 1988 Bounder unidentified switch question
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
A shot in the dark ... on our Fleetwood Pace Arrow of that vintage, we could only run one air conditioner at a time when plugged into shore power (both could be run at the same time from the generator). We had a switch in an upper cupboard to select which a/c unit would run on shore power.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:29:49 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »
Another shot in the dark-water pump?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

September28

• ---
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
I haven't had it plugged into shore power yet, I'm fixing her up at a storage facility. I found the switch to select front or rear AC's and mine both run while the generator is on. I haven't had a chance to drain the dark water or have experience enough to know if it has a pump.  I also notice that the voltage at the house batteries does not increase when the generator is running, only when the engine is running. That's another thing I need to figure out.

Thanks for the help!

September28

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:37:32 AM »
I had to replace the engine alternator and house batteries.

Hosted by Over The Network