Winnebago Facebook Live Launch of Three New Models

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John, FWIW I just inserted [ url= ]click here[ /url ] around the existing (long) link.

They introduced a 4 wheel drive version of the Travato called the Revel, a new entry level Class A called the Intent, with lengths between 26 and 31 ft. All the Intents have outdoor kitchens, residential refrigerators, solar power, inverter, bunk beds and 20# removeable propane tanks (two standard - expandable to four). One piece windshield, rubber roof and white for color.

They also introduced a 40ft Class A diesel Horizon.

I am not normally an old grouch but I do get a bit testy when a business announces some totally new product ONLY on Facebook.  I doubt very much that ALL of their customers are social media participants but by doing such introductions they only alienate those who have chosen not to use social media.  We are just not a family who thinks the world needs to know all of our business (yea I know you pick your viewers) so email seems to work fine.  JMHO.

PS:  Thanks John Hilley for listing out the high points of the announcement.

Bill

John Hilley said:
... rubber roof......They also introduced a 40ft Class A diesel Horizon.
Rubber roof-  ::)  Horizon-  :D

Bill N said:
I am not normally an old grouch but I do get a bit testy when a business announces some totally new product ONLY on Facebook....
I feel your annoyance and agree but FB has the feature of live streaming ( ::) uh, hooray)  And captures lots of the younger group's attention. For me it's mostly Wastebook but I am able to keep up with my AT&T work colleagues and our FMCA 4-wheeler club has a presence there.

From what I understand the younger crowd abandoned FB a longtime ago for Instagram, Snapchat, etc.  - FB is now for parents/grandparents.

And thanks John for the FYI.

The features on the Intent (the one with the outdoor kitchen and rubber roof) indicate it may be a much lower price point to attract young families with small children. Will be interesting to see if it goes over.

Bill

John Canfield said:
Rubber roof-  ::)  Horizon-  :D
I feel your annoyance and agree but FB has the feature of live streaming ( ::) uh, hooray)  And captures lots of the younger group's attention. For me it's mostly Wastebook but I am able to keep up with my AT&T work colleagues and our FMCA 4-wheeler club has a presence there.

From what I understand the younger crowd abandoned FB a longtime ago for Instagram, Snapchat, etc.  - FB is now for parents/grandparents.

And thanks John for the FYI.

Thanks for the FB info John.  I think you may be right but YouTube is also much used for good info videos.  Funny how Winnie can always fill my email box except when they have something big to announce.......lol

I think Winnebago and WIT are behind others in marketing to their existing customer base. If you compare WIT's, FMCA's and Escapee's magazines there is a lot of difference. FMCA and Escapees has a lot of useful information as well as Club and Chapter information. They all cost the same per year, but I feel I get more from FMCA and Escapees. The WIT magazine is very high quality, but I wish they would put more money into useful articles and even two to three page reviews of a Winnebago product each issue.

I assume the entire launch will be a YouTube video soon.

They did send me an email with links to the new products.  Maybe trying to reach out in other ways?

That new Horizon is growing on me!  Not a real euro fan, but that interior is pretty nice!

Mile High said:
That new Horizon is growing on me!  Not a real euro fan, but that interior is pretty nice!
I looked at this one after your post. I like clean lines without much ornamentation, and I like the Horizon too! Put some cozy quilts on the back of the sofa, some bright rugs, and a lovely comforter, and it would be great. This one is going on my list for 3-5 years from now.

[/quote]
Bill N said:
I am not normally an old grouch but I do get a bit testy when a business announces some totally new product ONLY on Facebook.  I doubt very much that ALL of their customers are social media participants but by doing such introductions they only alienate those who have chosen not to use social media.  We are just not a family who thinks the world needs to know all of our business (yea I know you pick your viewers) so email seems to work fine.  JMHO.

John Hilley said:
I think Winnebago and WIT are behind others in marketing to their existing customer base. If you compare WIT's, FMCA's and Escapee's magazines there is a lot of difference. FMCA and Escapees has a lot of useful information as well as Club and Chapter information. They all cost the same per year, but I feel I get more from FMCA and Escapees. The WIT magazine is very high quality, but I wish they would put more money into useful articles and even two to three page reviews of a Winnebago product each issue.

Bill

I agree with both of you.  I am no longer on FB as I got very tired of the drama or seeing someone's lunch at the new restaurant, ad nauseam.  I think along with the big announcement on FB, it would have been easy enough to send out emails too.  Wow, maybe even include it in the WIT magazine!

And I agree that Winnebago is going toward the younger crowd and that's fine, but don't forget us folks who don't need an iPhone charging port every 6 inches.  The WIT magazine is a skim thru and recycle; it needs some meat.

UTTransplant said:
I looked at this one after your post. I like clean lines without much ornamentation, and I like the Horizon too! Put some cozy quilts on the back of the sofa, some bright rugs, and a lovely comforter, and it would be great. This one is going on my list for 3-5 years from now.
I studied the video, and it looks like the 42Q is the same floorplan as the Tour 42QD, and it has the side radiator like the grand tour and the power gear slides.  I've already got my colors picked out :)

na, not till they are a few years old.  We are grounded anyway waiting for the DW to get better. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom