1988 Bounder unidentified switch question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

September28

Hello,

I'm completely new to motorhome ownership and this may be a dumb question, but here goes.  I have a 1988 Fleetwood Bounder, it has a 454 7.4l V8 on a Chevy P30 chassis and its equipped with a Kohler 7000 generator.  My question is, on the inside by the double door closet there is a red switch, I can't figure out its function. I thought that it might control the light in the closet that comes on when the door is opened but that is not the case. I have checked the owners manual and haven't found any info there also no mention in the chassis manual.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A shot in the dark ... on our Fleetwood Pace Arrow of that vintage, we could only run one air conditioner at a time when plugged into shore power (both could be run at the same time from the generator). We had a switch in an upper cupboard to select which a/c unit would run on shore power.

I haven't had it plugged into shore power yet, I'm fixing her up at a storage facility. I found the switch to select front or rear AC's and mine both run while the generator is on. I haven't had a chance to drain the dark water or have experience enough to know if it has a pump.  I also notice that the voltage at the house batteries does not increase when the generator is running, only when the engine is running. That's another thing I need to figure out.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom