Roof Worries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skiberry

I need one of you experts to take a look at the attached photos and tell me if I need to worry about the 2-inch dimple that appears just above the roof seam behind the cabin cap on my 2014 Itasca Navion. The material behind the dent feels solid, while the area just behind can be depressed by pushing with a thumb. Schematics show foam blocking under the roof panel.
The dent doesn't seem to have grown following a 6k mile trip to Alaska, so I'm not certain I should be concerned or seek a fix. Any ideas?

Attachments

• dent.JPG
    dent.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 114
  • dent 1.JPG
    dent 1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Location.JPG
    Location.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 93
I can't tell much from them either. Has paint or fiberglass come off in the first two pictures? It's looks damaged, but I don't see the dimple you described.

Based on the described location (over-cap joint with the main body), I would say it is an area prone to stress and leaks, but also one where the skin often bridges over the real joint underneath. That fact that it does and lacks support underneath is common to this type of RV. Not ideal construction, but typical of the breed.

Thanks for the constructive reply, Gary. About as difficult to photograph a shiny espresso brown roof as it is to get a good image of a black poodle at midnight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom