Power Products acquires Progressive Industries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jks

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/power-products-acquires-progressive-industries/

Hope the earned good reputation stays in tact.

The article indicates everything staying in place as is, except the president who is retiring.  Wondering if he's retirement age and a real retirement, or just leaving.
Anyway, since the buyer is also an electrical equipment manufacturer...my bet is that operations will stay in place for a year, maybe two, while they learn the niche and give time for a transition..... then it will move to the home office in Wisconsin..... just a guess based on past experience with corp buyouts....  Yep, it was a good company.  Hope it stays so....

Anyone know about Power Products llc?

Power Products LLC is basically a holding company, a financial entity. They own brands/companies such as Marinco, Blue Sea, Ancor, etc. So Power Products itself isn't going to start making design changes, but history indicates that the holding company pushes its operating companies to consolidate resources, share technology, reduce overhead, etc. All in the name of efficiency and thus maximizing profits. That can be either good or bad, depending on whether it's a "bean counter" driven effort or an engineering driven effort. Will have to wait and see...

blw2 said:
The article indicates everything staying in place as is, except the president who is retiring.  Wondering if he's retirement age and a real retirement, or just leaving.

I got to know the owner of Progressive soon after he first started and always enjoyed talking with him at FMCA conventions. I started with one of the early 50a portable models and he made sure it was always up to date, eventually moving to a fixed internal unit and helped me move it between coaches when I upgraded. He had to be about my age so is well beyond standard retirement age. He was an excellent electrical engineer.

Gary.. How is power products when it comes to customer service v/s Cuss-some-more service.

I know with Fantastic Fan customer support is no longer as fantastic as it used to be but that is Atwood/LCI not Power Products.

John From Detroit said:
Gary.. How is power products when it comes to customer service v/s Cuss-some-more service......

aka "Customer-no-service", as Clark Howard says....

I deal with several of the companies that Power Products has purchased and so far I have not seen a fall off in quality.  I also have a good friend that just went to work for Power Products so I will try and reach out to him to see if I can find anything out.  He is a former Navy nuke and EE from Brunswick corp.

Gary.. How is power products when it comes to customer service v/s Cuss-some-more service.

The "customer service" comes from Progressive, not the Power Products holding company. Unless maybe you want financial advice...

Whether the CS will stay at Progressive is anybody's guess, but one "consolidation" that is popular among conglomerates is using a single call center as a shared resource among the various operating companies. That usually ends up meaning 'no service', just a clerk reading from a script on the screen. Only time will tell whether that happens.

Marinco is a respected name. I installed a Blue Sea electronic charge transfer relay. It was far better than the Tromo it replaced. I hope they maintain their quality and reputation. History is not on their side.

All those companies have good individual reps. We are conjecturing whether future potential consolidations might alter that. It has often happened to other small companies when they get bought up by financial empires that focus on revenue moreso than product.

Back
Top Bottom