Does anyone make RV awnings besides Carefree and Dometic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punomatic

The trailer in my signature came with a Dometic 9100 series awning. Virtually every time I have used it (the awning) it has resulted in damage to the trailer. Every time, another part of the awning breaks and tears up another part of my trailer. I have replaced parts, and they break the next time I deploy the awning. The best awning I ever had was on my 1988 Hawkins Motor Coach. It was an A&E, but I see they have been taken over by Dometic. I have also had a Careless Carefree of Colorado awning. It was as bad a piece of junk as this Dumbetic Dometic. Does anyone make a sturdy, dependable, manually deployed awning anymore, or are they all junk? Just trying to decide whether to replace the Dometic or go awning free.

Thanks, guys! It is comforting to know that there are other choices. I will call around and see if there is a dealer near me.

I have ZipDee main awning, slide out awning and window awnings on my 18 year old coach with no mechanical failures with the exceptions of a broken cotter pin and I have had to replace 2 worn out awning straps.

Be advised they are a VERY EXPENSIVE awning, they use Sunbrella material and top grade aluminum and stainless steel, so if you are looking for cheap look elsewhere, this applies to the Girard awnings also. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom