Water pump/hot water switch 1994 Bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pocahontasx3

So long story short I need help figuring out what wires go where. I have a fleetwood bounder 1994. I had someone help me trouble shoot some issues I had with my hot water switch not working. It is mounted in the kitchen and both the hot water tank and water pump were hooked up. This person disconnected all eight wires so I can get a new switch and they didn't label anything and so now I have eight different wires and not a clue how to put them back.  Can I assume the different color red wires on the pump switch in the bathroom are the same as the ones in the kitchen? If so I can put the water pump back but then that would leave the hot water  part of it.
I have a grey wire, black with white stripe,2 white with red stripe, 2 reds, red with yellow stripe, red with green stripe... help!!! Which ones are for the switches and which ones are for the lights?

At this stage, your best hope is to take a volt meter and determine which wires have 12 volts. You are powering 2 devices so I imagine you should have 2 wires hot at all times, probably red.

Once those are identified, pull the fuses, one at a time, for water pump and water heater to verify which is which. These are your voltage line wires.

To determine the load wires, look at the water pump and water heater and hopefully you will see the matching colored wires at the devices.

The indicator lights should be powered by the same wire that powers the device.

Are your tank level indicators on the panel too?

Good luck. Note to self - take pictures before disassembly.

I have the same problem.

Please tell me the solution

I have the same 8 color wires in my 1995 Bounder for water pump and heater switch.

8 wires are too many to switch just two 12v devices, so something more is involved. The actual switching of heater (gas mode) only takes two wires, and same for the water pump.  The water heater gas switch has an indicator light, so maybe a 3rd wire for that.  Hard to guess what the others might be.

Does the switch have 8 terminals?  What else is connected to it?  Possibly a photo of the switch, both front and back (terminals) would help.

Yes eight terminals. Two switches and two indicator lights. Water pump and water heater.

Having trouble posting pics.

OK, so four things to operate (2 lights and 2 switches), so conceivable 8 wires (though 6 would be enough).  Two of them should be +12v at all times, so if you can identify those you are on the right track. Those go to the terminals for the heater and the pump.  Are the terminals identified in any way?

If you could point us at an online source for the switch, maybe we could view it ourselves.

This was the only way I could think of.

I do see a red and a black/white headed to the water pump. I have two reds to chose from though.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/wan/d/cabinet-and-flooring-work/6593452597.html

Think I have it. May need to try a few more things. Water is disconnected at the sink though so I?ll need to come back to this. Thanks for your time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom