Instaling an A/C question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guys160

Hi,
Just picked up a used ductless ac unit to install  in a central location where a 14X14 vent is.
Wondering if there anything to watch for on the roof side of the install.
I have a roof that is rounded, the unit is from a flat roof  gut job. The unit is a Dometic Brisk air
Do both roof types use the same gaskets? The trailer came pre-wired for an air cond . in the chosen location.

Any coments and suggestions would help.

Thank's to all

Guy

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry, I have no experience to help you on this one, but this reply WILL bump it up to the top of the list.  Hopefully someone else will chime in soon!

Hi Guy, welcome to The RV Forum!

A rounded roof is essentially flat over the small area covered by the air conditioner's gasket, so the gasket is the same.

I'd go to an RV store and get a new gasket.  It's likely a used one has been flattened out and won't provide a water-tight seal if you reuse it.

You can download the installation manual from several sources - just do a Google search using the air conditioner's make and model.  One thing to watch is not over tightening the hold down screws.  You want to compress the gasket,  not flatten it entirely.  Usually the torque is about 40 to 50 inch pounds.

Thank's guys. To be honest I havn't been up there yet, this is a used TT we got in August, pretty bare bones Road Runner 160. Been mostly concerned about tires and brakes untill now.
Florida at christmas time is just arround the corner.
I have an idea of what to do but wanted to hear someone one the roof part. Gasket is on order.

Also wondering about a heat strip install. There is a setting on the control for optional heat, but no pre installed plug for the stip connector. Any thoughts anyone?

Guy

I would think the heat strip uses the same power as the AC, just switched so no plug just a terminal to connect to.

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
I would think the heat strip uses the same power as the AC, just switched so no plug just a terminal to connect to.

Ernie

I purchased a AC for nether bedroom 4 years ago. One of the options was a heat strip. Like Ernie said, it was just a matter of plugging it into a receptacle inside the AC. Works real goods to get the chill out on a damp cool/raw day. If I had to do it over again, I would. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom