Help please with tv and dvd player in my 2010 Dutchmen Lite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramblerkat

Hello.  I have recently acquired a Dutchmen Lite 2010 RV which everything in it looks brand new.  The Jensen TV is a swivel and there is a separate Radio/DVD player.  When I put the DVD in the DVD player it plays and I hear it but I cannot figure out how to have it show up on the tv.  On the selection on the TV are the choices of av1,av2,s-video. component. hdmi. vga.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum!

This works just like a system in your home.  Try each of those choices for TV input.  It will depend on how it was wired.  If no success, please let us know so we can look for other answers.

If your player has HDMI output, that's the best to use.  One cable for video and audio.  The others, (S-Video), etc. are kinda old school.  If your TV doesn't have HDMI input, a new one that does would be a great upgrade.  HDMI cables are cheap or come with the unit. Flat panels give an amazing picture, even with older DVD's.  Again, you don't have to spend a lot...the 1080P HD models will give you a great picture.

Just select the HDMI input on your TV and you're all set.  Again, you don't need the latest and greatest.  Most flat panels work great.  They all have really good pictures.

If you want to stay with what you have, you'll have to match output and input types and connect the cables accordingly.  Separate video and audio.  Component means the Red, White and Yellow connectors.  S-video was setup for older VCR's (they may produce distorted images depending on DVD formats).  AV I'm not sure of.  Just have to match connector types.

True story: When I got my RV the DVD player only came to the main TV via RF-Chan 3, back then they did that via a modulator... Finally I found a way to see the back side of the TV where the cables were connected..

After I got done laughing.. I re-connected the cables properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom