Brake switch on 2004 Brave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jadysart

Have been travelling for summer and have repeatedly had brake switch issues--one repair shop put in a new switch, the next one said it was loose so he put something to tighten it up, next shop charged a fortune to say that I needed socket and switch, the last time it went out a repair man put a zip tie around something!  Each time it goes out, I lose cruise control and my brake lights don't turn off unless I pull the pedal up with my toe to disengage the switch.

I really would like to permanently fix this.  Is there something to be done and who should do it?  Four repair people haven't been able to do it.  Thanks for any replies.

You are talking about the brake LIGHT switch?  Post a pic if you can. I'll be camping next to a 2004 Brave for 6 days starting Thurs and will crawl under the dash and see what the differences are

I've been told brake switch--it is a sensor that says that the brakes are being applied and also allows the cruise control to work.  When is is malfunctioning --the brake lights remain on and cruise won't work, since the sensor thinks the brakes are on.  If I lift up on the brake pedal with my toes, while driving or parked, the brake lights will turn off until the brake is applied again.  Cruise control won't function since it thinks the brakes are on.  Work horse chassis.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Even just to tell me who to take it to to get a perm fix.

Back
Top Bottom